Sign in to follow this  
martinb

Rear brakes siezed this morning

This morning when i left for work the car felt very odd and seemed to be struggling as i drove away from my house so i pulled over after a couple of miles and got out to investigate and there was a strong smell of burning brakes!!

I was at the side of the road wondering what to do then decided to try it again and everything seemed fine. Is it possible they could have been simply frozen as everything else was this morning (doors frozen shut, windscreen frozen and wipers frozen to screen!!) or is this not possible?

I had my rear calipers recently taken off and unseized by a local garage only about a month ago. The car seems fine again now, although the hand brake does not seem to be as good as before (it was only 3clicks now approx 7-8!)

Cheers

Martin

sounds like one side had siezed to give you more lever travel, freeing them off never works for long, only solution is new/recon ones one of mine lasted for about 6 months although that wa through the summer.

Very cold temperatures will only make things worse as you say.