Sign in to follow this  
samwire

Sat in a garage...

aaargh....so i'm trying to change the oil and i've got the sump nut turning but the damn thing isn't unscrewing...any ideas?

cheers

ok...apart from my pas belt and fan belt are squealing like a stuck pig...there's a bigger problem, i top up my radiator and all is well, drive round for a bit and the warning light starts flashing, there's no visible signs of leaks under the car yet this evening i discovered the carpet in the drivers footwell is wet through, has anyone else experienced this?

sorry zippy, you've lost me...

anyway, after reading on here last night abou heater matrixes and stuff..i topped up with water, turned the heater settings down to cold and turned on engine, left running for a while then turned on heater and upped the temp, lo and behold a whining noise...i'm now worried...

ok...sorry to bore you all...i'm about to try and change my pas and alternator belts...i assume the pas belt has to come off first, but i cant de-tension the damn belt, how many screws are there, i've undone two so far...has anyone any pics...its a 1989/90 1.8 16v...

Here's an image from the Bently manual, there's a bolt you haven't undone that you can't see, hopefully This diagram will help.... The bolt runs parallel to the bumper.... I think it's one of the ones marked 25 (18ft lb) in the image...

http://the-corrado.net/upload/files/123 ... ngPump.jpg

Best click on the link and download it... it's a bit big for the forum....

ok...pas belt off...is there a knack of getting a belt thats *just* too small on? is there a way of levering it on?

afternoon...so i managed to change tha pas belt, but its now screeching like a bugger again, very little tension in the belt, at the mo' i've got a 'conti-sf 11.5*730 La LoN on there...is this correct...its a 1990 1.8 16v...oh, and i've a small reservoir in the drivers footwell.. HELP!!!

i just changed my power steering belt this morning {1991 1.8 16v} i measured the old belt then measured drive belts at halfords , i found that hb750a fitted its 30"" , as i said i did it this morning and now power steering works correct , wet in the drivers footwell might be clutch fluid from the master cylinder if your are realy unlucky

725 that a bit on the small side , that was a 28"" if i remember correct as i said i measured halford drive belts this morning