Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Rossy

Rear valance ideas wanted

I want to put a valance on the rear bumper and I want it to look the same as the one on the lower part of the front bumber. (That style) Anyone done this or know of a car fitment that should fit ?

I problem is I can see under the car from the back and it doesn't look good to me.

M

I saw in a mag about 10 years ago where someone had made a 90mm chin from the front fit on the rear.

Not my cup of tea realy but was subtle. Had twin pipes so (DTM upsweeps) so had been cut to accomodate them.

Yeah thay was where I was probably going but its getting the curve to look ok that bothers me. I'll see if I can get hold of one. (You get the same type of look on the rear of the clipper kit on the MK1 cab)

Think MK2 Golf front splitter fits ok to the rear of the rado, have seen it a few times, also as someone mentioned the front spoiler can be fitted to the rear and would look good colour-coded I reckon, like here and looks ok I reckon.

boot.jpg

fromtheside2.jpg

i dont like it, it looks too 'stuck on'

I recom omly way to get one that looks good it to chop bumper in half horizontaly and extend it down an inch or two.

exactly what neil said if you want it subtle get the bumper split and get another section plastic welded in welded in, get the exhaust recess and tow eye flushed then it might just look half decent

I think the rear bumper on the raddo is the right length/width for the car,extending it down would make it look to long and typical aftermarket style.

The only thing I don't like seeing is the tank and straps,I was thinking of some sort of rear diffuser that covers the tank and straps without the bumper being extended? Some sort of tank cover?

Good attempt Tartan, The problem with mine is that I've deleted the exhaust cut out hence would require a single piece item rather than a cut and shaped one.