Sign in to follow this  
zoonders

starting problems when hot

Can anyone help? My 91 1.8 kr is a bitch to start after it has been run and then stopped for more than two hours. It eventually starts like it is on two cylinders. It starts fine otherwise although it revs a bit too high when cold starting. It also runs cold all the time. The gauge hardly lifts until it has been around town. :(

I'm having a warm engine restart problem as well. My VR6 will start almost perfectly from cold, but once the engine has been running and I stop it, I must either start it again within 3 minutes or i'll be doomed to wait an hour or so until it is cold again. If I stop it and try again after 10 minutes it just won't start. Other symptoms: rev gauge fires every now and then when starting engine is turning. Engine acceleration is bumpy between 1800 and 2500 rpm. Also, I've had times engine won't go over 1000rpm...Why is Temperature a factor here? thanks for your advice...

Zoonders, that will be either leaking injectors or a failed non return valve on the fuel pump.

mmatallana, get a fault code read done, you may have a temperamental crank speed sender.

Thanks crasher. I believe that you just pull the injectors out. Is it really that simple? I have also had a whiff of petrol from under the car after stopping so it could be something to do with that Nrv as i believe that it is located somewhere near the external pump.

I won't be driving my corrado for a while anyway as i put my disc out in my back for the third time in 2 yrs this morning and as the car is lowered 60mm, i have no chance of gettin in never mind gettin out of it. Thanks anyway. Andy