Sign in to follow this  
Rocket Ron

Heated Windscreen Washer Jet

Where can I get a heated windscreen washer as mine is broken and also blocked tried everything still no joy. Just the time to have no washers and along with the rubbish wippers aswell.

Heated washers from VW or GSF, they are expensive tho...

I have swapped the washers in both cars for standard non heated Golf ones and they are fine, as long as the fluid is correct they never freeze up and the new nozzels make a big difference - £5 a pair from VW!

Can't find heated jets for Rado on GSF... only listing they have in on-line shop is £1.70 and doubt they'll be heated!

as supercharged says you don't really need them heated if your screen wash is reasonably concentrated, but if you want to bodge it, then 2 bad heated nozzles make one good one!

if you prise them apart it's usually the +ve terminal to the metal nozzle that corrodes, the -ve ones are usually OK, I simply used a spare -ve connector from one corroded jet to fix another one.

BTW have you noticed how easy it is to say corroded instead of Corrado :lol:

Do any of the later "Fan-style" jets fit to the Rado without resorting to bonnet bodging and paint?

Much better window coverage than 4 (2.5 in my case)"trickles"

you can also replace the corroded contacts with the pins from a scart plug, thats how i did mine.

That's a good tip, you can get a scart lead for under a fiver!!

you can also replace the corroded contacts with the pins from a scart plug, thats how i did mine.

That's a good tip, you can get a scart lead for under a fiver!!

and you could fix 26 washer jets with that 8)

i actually used gold plated ones on mine as i had a decent scart lead spare as i only use component now.

i had a look at the sqirters on a porsche at the local scrappy and they where quite a nice design, very low profile with 3 jets instead of 2 but they would require a bit of fettling to fit.

mk 4 fan sprays are fitted under the bonnet (if you see what I mean!) if you could get the bonnet holes filled I reckon it would be a great mod.