Sign in to follow this  
storm_warning

Rear wiper replacements?

Before I buy a replacement wiper blade for the rear, anyone found a decent replacement for the rear wiper similar to the front Lupo conversion?

If you do a search you should be able to find a pic of a few cars with lupo front blades fitted to a corrado rear arm, unfortunately there don't seem to be any mk5 golf style rear arms and blades that are long enough or bend the right way to lie flat, I've looked at the possibility of a twin rear door transporters rear drivers side arm and blade as it does bend the right way, but it's possibly a bit too chunky and has too much of an angled arm.

I just took my rear wiper off at the weekend, looks so much better at the back without it, really smooth. Just put some Rain-X on the screen and the water runs straight off! Only takes 10 mins to take off as well.

I like the look of the wiperless Corrado, but I think I'd miss the ability to clear the screen before reversing out of a parking space.

Definitely like the Lupo wiper arm mod, but my welding skilss are non-existent, so I guess I'd have to employ the help of someone else, but that retro fit aero blade looks just the ticket! 18" if I recall?

Thanks for all your replies, lads!

Just ordered an aero blade from http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk

£11 and no delivery fee!

Although, the invoice shows I also apparently ordered a pair of Xenon white bulbs for £15.99, too, which I didn't.

but the total is still £11... Free stuff! Woohoo!!!

unfortunately it says they wont be sent out with orders under 15 quid small print clicky

With some chopping, braising and crimping you can modify a front one to go on the back. or just do what i did and go for a retrofit one, you can get them from here for around £15 http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/

nocrap: They look good. Are these retrofit ones easy to fit i.e. a straight swap?

Tales of autobulb woe!

Ordered the rear aero wiper last Tuesday and the money was taken from my account last Thursday. Heard nothing from them, though, not so much as a confirmation email.

Called them on Wednesday asking if everything was okay and they got back to me later in the day to say "looks like it got lost in the post..." They then said they'd send another one and if I receive two to send one back.

Got home last night to find a "you missed a delivery" note, only I stated on their delivery address to send it where I work. Now I'm going to have to take some time out of my Saturday with my son to go pick up a wiper (kinda defeats the object of ordering one to be delivered when you have to pick it up yourself from miles away from where you live).

All honest mistakes, I'm sure, but if anyone uses them, be prepared for something to possibly go wrong...

I've found a lot of companies have recently changed policy and will only deliver to the address at which the payment card is registered.

Trouble is most have not updated their websites and still offer an alternative delivery address :roll:

I have also found this extreemly inconvenient :mad: