Sign in to follow this  
willmason

Power Chips

Has anyone else bought a power chip off Ebay? these are proper in your ECU jobs! I fitted one last weekend and what a difference its made.All for 22 euros (£15) and thats with your p+p from germany.

They do the chips for any vw 16v,G60,VR6 they havent developed one for the newer engines yet. I fitted my chip in 15 minutes tops it was that easy there is only one removeable chip and you just swap it over.I have a 2.0 16V and it used to be flat in the low revs but now it seems to pull right through the rev range the only bad point is that it seems I have a slightly slower top speed but who does the top speed all the time?The company claims +14 BHP on the 16v engine

Had a look on Ebay, are these the same chips that are advertised for sale @ £3.99 + free mobile phone booster?

iid be a tad sceptical about chips of unknown origin. whos to say they havent only thown a bit of timing in to make it more perky.

Have you had a wideband on it?

it may not even have been programmed in a car

The company claims +14 BHP on the 16v engine

Which company? do they have a website?

Cheers,

Thera

these chips are the real deal there from a company in Germany called Chiptuning and their website is the same name plus .com you have to go on the worldwide search on ebay to find them their email address is mailto:[email protected] but they dont speak english so you will have to translate what you send and receive

tbh........i'm just a bit sceptical about these "cheap" chips......it maybe has improved your performance(short-term) but can they gaurantee that say 6months to a year down the line it won't make your engine go bang with expensive results........ :? :? :?

Sorry to be pessamistic, but it bollock's.

Its a resistor that you fit somewhere to the air flow meter which basically tells the engine less air is getting in than actually is. The engine then compensates and puts more fuel in.

So, I guess: worse fuel economy, bad compression, confused ECU and more than likely, a new engine, ECU and head gasket before long. You'd be better off shoving a portion of "chips" in your fuel tank.

If anyone believes they can get +15bhp for £15 then good luck to you. Williamson, your not the bloke selling them on Ebay are you?

Thought so.

do it right. its not a cheap car to be replacing parts on (ecus, engines) be smart.

Its a resistor that you fit somewhere to the air flow meter which basically tells the engine less air is getting in than actually is. The engine then compensates and puts more fuel in.

If there was less air, why would the engine compensate by putting more fuel in? Surely it would be telling it more air was getting in, therefore, more fuel could be burnt?

ya that makes more sense VR.

the ecu is the brain of the car. why would you want to trick it into doing harmful things to itself? kind of masochistic isn't it? :lol:

pookyvr6, Sorry pookyvr6 but you're talking sh1te, you've got it wrong, read first then write! and welcome to the forum, hope to see you post more in the future.

Chris

Williamson, your not the bloke selling them on Ebay are you?

Thought so.

Well?!?!?!?

:roll: :x

Thera

Ok ok.. if you can't play nice, you can't play at all. Any more of this and the threads headed for locksville..

Lets all try place nice eh?