Sign in to follow this  
andy

Aero Wiper Fitting Issues

I bought some Aero Wipers in the recent group buy and I can't get them to fit properly. I simply unbolted the old ones, put the new ones on in a similar position. This was ok until I tried them on a wet screen, then they over-shoot the lower windscreen trim by miles. So I then repositioned them a bit higher to compensate. The drivers one now hits the A pillar trim. Repositioned again, now the drivers one clips the passenger arm. I'm not a complete spoon mechanically but something is wrong here. If I have the wipers on high speed with a wet screen the arm hits both trims.

Any ideas?

Also. Can someone confirm which side the offset blade should go.

I am not sure as I dont run these but I am sure I recall someone saying that the wipers need to be fitted the right way up i.e try a 180 ° flip.

Look on the south coast meet thread on page 19 is a set of pictures, most have lupo wipers. Mine (H54 UGC) are from the group buy and you should see which way round clearly on there.

Cheers Toad. I'll have a look. Funnily enough I had to use mine in heavy rain yesterday and they seemed more or less ok. I've got the offset one on the drivers side and its just about staying clear of the trim at both ends of its travel. I think the passenger one needs tweaking though. I think perhaps me trying them on a wet screen at full wipe speed whilst not moving is a bit different to using them on the road. Time will tell.