Sign in to follow this  
G60SC_Stoney

Strut Brace suggestions

Yes, type in stroeve in google, and then click on the 'translate this page' bit next to the link :D

so, was thinking about some front and rear arbs recently, in everyone's opinions what will make the bigger difference, braces or arbs? the car will be on new kw v1 coilovers so suspension will be up to scratch..

cheers

john

sorry to hijack a little, but i have weitec coilovers and poly bushes front and rear and was wondering on the effect upper and lower front braces and a rear brace would have. I'm not bothered by looks so was going for the weichers painted steel items from dubmeister. Any thoughts? shame they can't be 'borrowed for a weekend really....

so, was thinking about some front and rear arbs recently, in everyone's opinions what will make the bigger difference, braces or arbs? the car will be on new kw v1 coilovers so suspension will be up to scratch..

cheers

john

ARB's will do alot more than braces.

sorry to hijack a little, but i have weitec coilovers and poly bushes front and rear and was wondering on the effect upper and lower front braces and a rear brace would have. I'm not bothered by looks so was going for the weichers painted steel items from dubmeister. Any thoughts? shame they can't be 'borrowed for a weekend really....

So you saying you dont want a rear arb just front upper brace with lower arb and rear brace.

Well if it were mine i would go with the rear arb, maybe rear brace, front arb and larger rear arb than front.

In my view your way will make it understeer.

And the rear arb would probably be easier to fit than the brace lol.

Do the arb's 1st as they make the biggest difference then if more is needed which i guarantee it wont then add some braces.

Cheers dude, will be next on the list :D :salute:

ETA: something like this? not necessarily these exact ones from this supplier but......http://www.vwspeed.co.uk/volkswagen/vw-parts/Corrado_H_R_Anti_Roll_Bars-2111-197.html

talking about ARBs. i have got new KW rear ARB ready to go on my VR6 but i havent got a clue where it goes or how it fits :? anybody know?

also on the subject of a rear brace. does the neuspeed one look any good? im sure it works well but how does it look in the car?any opinions

i phoned around today to try and find a supplier of a rear brace for my VR6. no one had any or is going to any time soon. i tried trimsport, g-werks and demontweeks. NS tuning said they might but i have gotta phone back tomorrow

There was a guy who was building them on E38. There was a GB on here a while ago but I cant find the thread for it.

I'm not sure if he's still making them though :shrug: