Sign in to follow this  
Craig

G60 catch tanks?

after removing my boost return set up ive just got a plastic bottle to catch the vapours and mist from the breather, temporary i know but better than dumping it on the ground. anyway will something like these examples be ok, basically after something cheap thats better than the bottle of evan :wink:

http://url.the-corrado.net/a00640

http://url.the-corrado.net/9c4a8f

am i right in thinking there only needs to be one inlet hose on the tank then a hole/filter of some sort to let the vapours out, thought id see, try and save few pennies 8)

Yeah, you just need an inlet and an outlet, i'd put a filter on the outlet, otherwise you end up with a film of oil on the inside of the bonnet (like I have! :roll: ) There was a group buy a few months ago, where i got mine, but there's plenty of similar ones available.

oops! A sight guage (clear pipe on the side of the tank) is handy as well, so you know when to empty it!

when i had a catch tank it just made the cabin smell. so much so that on long journeys it made me sick. now just got a lenght of 3/4" to the floor. not very enviromentist but i only do 3k a year.

ive got a filter breather on mine, no catch tank. it doesnt really give off much oil at all, so its hardly going to do any damage to the wildlife! some G60s are lucky like mine, and some spew out loads of oil, are you sure you need one ?

Think i may just get a filter then and make sure it stays unblocked, ive had the bottle on for a good month now and thers a dribble of fluid in the bottom, not much really, have to say tho the charger stays so much cooler now, after a good thrash its still cool to the touch where as before it would be just at hot as the engine! cheers for all the info :thumb right:

i know i got more fluid out when the water injection was working. maybe i was using a too bigger jet..