Sign in to follow this  
Bojmobile

Fitting guide for door pulls

Hey guys,

I've tried the search but I'm not having much joy finding a guide for fitting door pulls - I just got a new chrome set. Anyone offer any help?

Cheers

additional

unscrew 5 (?) screws like is shown in the pic.

chrom2.jpg

take off the doorboard

chrom3.jpg

and remove the hook from the door opener ...

push that whole thing to the left and it will come off

(if i remember right)

Yeah i had to do this to change my door pulls. I didnt know that the handle surround just slides, it takes a bit of force but just push it to the side and it comes off, then just take the hook off and take off the handle.

Cheers guys,

I've changed my door cards when I changed my interior for leather - was just unsure about fitting the door pulls as they are part of the mechanism. Will hopefully get them fitted on Sunday.

I'm guessing you got the chrome door pulls off e-bay? It's the only place I have ever seen then for sale for Mk. II Corrado interior (this pull design apears to be unique to this interior which only ran from 1992-1996).

I fitted these recently to my car and yes, they do stick out a bit, but I found that they could be 'fettled' to fit better. The casting was not top notch and mine had some execess metal on the rear front leading edge where it closes onto the black plastic mounting box. Carefully filing this back flat made them fit much better.

(These look pretty good I think, especially when combine with, as you suggest, chrome heater knobs and in my case, chrome raising lock pins. Pitty handbrake leaver knob cannot be 'chromed' also)

David Pentland