Sign in to follow this  
g60bv

tooth belt problems

my tooth belt keeps tring to run off.

i've tried to re-aline my alternator bearings. no joy. it trys to slip of the charger pulley. any ideas. its driving me made. as it eats belts.

are you using a solid tensioner ? that seems to be the problem with most toothed belt kits, and the reason i removed mine...got fed up of replacing belts every 300 miles....

Mine did exactly the same - Look at all of the pulleys and make sure they all line up properly - None of mine lined up and had to make quite a few "adjustments"!!!!

blue joe. what are these adjustment.

- yes running soild tensioner below that a 20v tensioner pulley and under the charger a std plastic pulley.

looks like i may need to space the charger out at the top. but cant be right thou.these pullies are all made on cnc machines,

I found that i needed to space the tensioner pulley out away from charger bracket to line up with the other 1.

Mike is using a merc 1 from g-werks, im in the process of getting one and giving it a try.

stoney, link?

all the tensioners line up. one is a std one and the other is a small 20v one from g-werks. either the alternator or the charger is not sitting straight.

i took photos last night but i managed to screw up my other laptop so cant post them. also got the focus rs chargecooler going in. didn't realise just how big they are

flustered. you look very gay in your new picture. he he

What? and i didnt dressed as a pimp? :lol:

Ive just finished demolishing my alternator trying to get my toothed pulley off, so now need a alternator :x

Darren has suggested i use A merc idler wheel below the charger,and the cambelt tensioner on a solid tensioner arm.

Ive used Bicycle stabilizer bolts for the cam belt tensioners as these have the right 10mm shaft with 8mm thread.