Sign in to follow this  
sonique

Coolant leak

Hi,

I've currently got a coolant leak not too bad at the moment, but want to sort it soon. I'm fairly certain it's leaking from the plastic housing which feeds a number of pipes located to the right of the top hose plastic flange circled in the picture.

Can anyone tell me what this part is or even better the part no?

It's a 2.0l 16v 9a

Cheers

John

This is actually the second coolant leak I've had recently and after checking the reciept 027 121 133 E was the item I changed which attaches to the top radiator hose.

The part that's leaking this time is to the right of this flange, and after having no joy identifying it on Ekta in the VW dealership I open the bonnet to show them the item in question, they said it is coolant breather assembly 048 103 772 £17 +VAT.

They advised me that it wasn't in stock but would be with them in 2 days.

After phoning them, as they didn't phone me, they said it was on back order an couldn't give me a date for availability.

I have just descovered that it's still on back order and wont be available until 30 April - that's nearly 2 months away!

Does anyone know if there is any other way of getting this part sooner, GSF and Euro Car Parts say it's dealer only.

Cheers

John