Sign in to follow this  
swfblade

Hose Question

Just had this response from C&R:

Hello James

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I have had a look at the Goodridge front brake hoses you mention in your email. They have a banjo fitting at the caliper end, which is correct for the 312mm calipers and are from a Golf Mk3 VR6 brake line kit, the only thing is that there are several different thread sizes and lengths for the actual banjo bolts themselves, after talking to our main technical guru Steve, he has asked me to ask you for the length and the thread pitch of the required banjo. The banjo bolts and washers are supplied with the hoses. The price of the hoses is £28.00 and postage is £4.50. Prices include VAT. We possibly have the items in stock and can ship them to you for the next working day.

Best regards

Roy

so, does anyone know what the length and the thread pitch of the required banjo is?

I don't know, Roy doesn’t listen to me. I only need the thread pitch as I think the ones in the Goodridge kit are wrong as they have a 1.5-mm pitch and I think it is 1-mm on the 312 calipers. I wish he wouldn't call me a guru, I can think of better names.

ah ic, makes more sence when you say it like that! Yeah its the 1mm chappies I need for my Mk4 calipers. Cheers and happy Birthday :D

Yeah thats correct - the Late mk3 VR6 hoses (95 on) come with the 1.5's - you need the finer thread bolts but you will be able to get these from a bike shop etc if needed.

yup, following the wiki article ;)

My sis works for a Honing company, so she's got them to make me some up. Incidentally I'll have a few spare sets, if anyones interested.....?

Just did a G4 TDI today that needed a new front hose (a twat of a mechanic at my local VW dealer had pushed the hose into the redundant pad wire location and then crushed the clamp into the hose and split it, and also missed two bulged rear hoses, what a knob head) and the banjos were 1.5-mm pitch but I have seen them with 1-mm. Perhaps that is why the new hoses come without banjos?

hmmm - well the 288's and the 312's use the same basic caliper but the thread pitches seem to change between mk3 and mk4 but obviously it's a bit hit and miss...

Steve - I hope you report that back to VW - that's fecking dangerous but I can believe it happens all over the place!