Sign in to follow this  
DUB

100K+ Corrado

:salute: hey hey, peeps well yet again the time has come / but this time I return with a question before my possible next VW purchase - So since I sold "BLACKG60" I've really missed enjoying driving :( and have looked in to many different avenues in to how to "re-run the fun" :lol: and now I have been offered another Corrado :D - a VR6 this time! and I'm very excited......but since selling "BLACKG60" I purchased a 2000 plate Astra SXI 1.8 - shite I know but its quite quick and very comfortable {not the nice firm comfortable from the seats of a C but comfortable that all the family enjoy} :? anyway now the misses can drive :roll: - and we got her a little car to do all the shopping in, the subject has risen that I could get another Corrado :-P {maybe} and on talking to some people a VR has come up she is on an M - plate and has just had a {aparent} full engine rebuild from bottom up including clutch and water pumps - she has had her arches rolled and been slightly lowered and currently sits on a set of RS4's {18"} good all round condition {although paint work could do with some TLC} but thats to be expected as far as I'm concerned, however my main concern is that it is currently on 109,000 miles and since my astra has has not even broke the 50,000 mile boundry yet I'm wondering if this will be a good/safe move {as with "BLACKG60" I was shafted and had to spend around 2k near after purchase} and so really look to you for advice? :oops: :? the owner is asking 4k for the Corrado {is it worth it?} but may drop a little - and says the only reson he wants to sell is due to his old man selling him his Storm {which I can also understand}but can anyone/all help me to what I should do? :wink: I'll get some pic's up as soon as I'm back in work :lol: :lol:

109k is nothing, especially if it's had an engine rebuild. Ask to see evidence, and find out if it was done by a reputable firm.

And get rid of the 18 inchers, they're too big!

Milage is not really an issue. mines on 151k and running like a dream. Only had to change the water pump and cam pos sensor over the last year.

So long as its been looked after then there shouldnt be to much to worry about. Although i'd say its going to ride pretty poorly on 18's.

yip provided its been well maintained then a 100k-ish VR6 should still have plenty life,I bought a 148k miler tail-end of last year,and all it had was routine oil changes,and it was still near silent and smooth running

will look to get rid of the 18's after I've felt what the rides like if I do go through with it - as I can remember that it was quite harsh on the 17's on the old G! is it worth 4k though?

Looking through the for sale section on here, it would appear that VR's on this sort of mileage are £3.5k to £4k.....

I would want leather for 4k. And deffo get rid of the 18's it will drive horrible! 100k is nothing really, mines on 135k and not had any problems (yet!!) :lol:

w00t, ur back :-)

get rid of the wheels and ur laughing, my Storm is on 142k and hasnt needed a rebuild yet and the engine still feels like new (the interior has the odd rattle though ;-) )

(the interior has the odd rattle though ;-) )

Ditto :roll: some of that foam tape and a lot of faffing about should sort that out though :lol: