Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Had a play in two new Volkswagens today....surprising result

Both on the Cat and Fiddle road, Fox 1.2 (3 cylinder) and Golf Edition 30

Edition 30 was very impressive, felt so planted and very quick but the Fox was way more fun, limited grip, had to wring its neck to maintain speed - a real giggle - much better than it looks, surprisingly solid and great value for money

Its one of my favourites, long time since I've been up there and will be taking the Rado up there in a few weeks for a good thrash (early one Sunday morning I think)

Nooooooo the Fox is an awful car. It's built out of plastic and not very good plastic at that. All the ones i have seen have had bits falling off them or just missing altogether!

VW Quality Control is not what it used to be.

Its a damn sight more solid than the Aygo/C1/107 for similar money and the 3 cylinder engine is a superb little engine, last small car that made me grin so much was a Cinquecento Sporting

Have to say i don't know about the Aygo and the others but Fox i see a few of.

If your in the market for something like that then fair enough but i wouldn't have one even if i was given it.

Sorry to go off on one.

Not seen one of the 30th Anniversary GTI's yet! Keeping em peeled in the hope that I will tho! :)

I certainly wouldn't buy one - much rather have a decent quality used car than a cheap new one. Theres still a 16 week waiting list for a new Fox - people seem to like the idea of a cheap new VW - pity that most are bought by little old ladies that won't travel at more than 39mph

Lol yeah. We've got a Yellow one with the bodykit and alloys and i have to say it looks quite smart.

Think i've worked on them for too long and just seen there bad points!

There's just something about an older VW that makes me smile that i just don't get with the new stock.

Jim - its not that easy to tell them apart, very subtle tweaks, most easily identified by the new alloys, best bit by the far is the Interlagos cloth trim with leather bolsters, superb looking seat and very comfortable.

They are selling but they are not proving as easy to shift as people expected - they made a mistake in not making it a numbered limited edition

Rado K - where do you work?

Would love to go out and try some of these newer VW's - I do really envy your job sometimes Andy! I know i've said that before! :)

there's a fox up the road from me. didn't even realise it ws a VW for over a week. thoght it was some jap crap! I reckon my corrado would fit UNDER it, it's so high.

Yeah - the fox certainly aint a pretty motor! Fox is most definately false advertising!

Lots of suspension travel for the Brazilian roads I suppose - surprised to see that the cheapers VW's now come with Kumho tyres fitted

Yep bingo.

Who do you work for then Andy??

Yeah it's not a bad place to work but if i didn't work there i woudn't take my car there, not at £75 + VAT per hour!

Some of the bills i've seen there :shocked!:

Work for a consultancy company that do a lot of work with Volkswagen on the sales and finance side of the business. Worked a lot with Bob Newbold last year, think his current title is Head of Business Development - good bloke