Sign in to follow this  
CorradoRun

Bennys Corrado VR6 !! built to be drivern ! BREAKING !!!!!!!

Hi guys,

iv just brought my frist corrado !! its a 1995 vr6 in classic green with full storm spec. iam the 2nd owner !! and its only done 80k.. the back seats have never been sat in ! and yes its all standard, evan has the standard head unit.

this is all about to change tho... :lol: first thing todo was to make sure we still have a car to play with ! so we fitted a viper cat 1 alarm. its very cool with its remote start, meaning i can start the car up in the mornings keeping all the doors locked. :D

once the alarm was fitted i put my Alpine head unit in along with a few other shinny bits that i kept from my last car. as i do think the inside of a corrado needs updating. so it now has a momo steering wheel, chrome heater surounds and a set of audi TT pedals. A custom amp install and uprated speakers will follow soon along with sound deadering the hole car.

I already have a set of porsche wheels. along with some FK Konigsport coilovers. they will be fitted up once the bodywork make over is done :) :)

theres gonna be alot more to come over the next few months in the way of videos and photos.

heres a few pics to start with.

bye bye mk3 golf gti colour concept :( HELLO CORRADO VR6 :D

100_2527.jpg

100_2530.jpg

100_2533.jpg

100_2534.jpg

fitting the alarm...

100_2543.jpg

100_2545.jpg

out with the old alarm !!!!!!!!!!

100_2544.jpg

100_2546.jpg

100_2548.jpg

have some more updates for you soon....................

Hiya - it was me who talked to you on VWVortex! Glad you found your way over here as all the folks on here are always enthusiastic for project dubs :) Looking forward to seeing your project progress!

Hiya - it was me who talked to you on VWVortex! Glad you found your way over here as all the folks on here are always enthusiastic for project dubs :) Looking forward to seeing your project progress!

hello matey, yer it was my PC that would not let me sign up :?

but iam here now. lol

iam just uploading some pics now to photobucket, as i started on the body work mods today so il have an update a bit later.

ok guys i went to the bluewater meet last night in the raddo, its the last time the car will be on the road untill the bodywork is done. it was good to meet the 2 other corrado owners who were there. and they told me to get on this forum !!!

Today i started the bodywork, we took out the inner arch's and removed all the mud... then we started on getting rid of the side indicators. like i said iv got a set of porsche wheels to go on what are 8inch's wide all round so we rolled the front arch's to. once they where rolled and a plate was welded behind the side indicators., we under sealed all up under the arch's to stop any rust. this also helps cut down on the road nosie.

102_6364.jpg

102_6365.jpg

102_6367.jpg

rolling the lip back on the arch's ( sorry for the bad pics ) :(

102_6369.jpg

102_6370.jpg

102_6371.jpg

on with the under seal

102_6373.jpg

inner arch back in place

102_6379.jpg

you could have started on a shed raddo instead of that nice OEM one !! :lol:

i know i could have done ! but then you spend more time getting it right befor you evan begin modding it.lol so these days i make sure i buy a really good base car with no mods at all.

Hi guys,

iv just brought my frist corrado !! its a 1995 vr6 in classic green with full storm spec. .

................so where's the BBS Solitudes,colour coded grille and Sony CD player........you've just got a classic green VR with leather :-P :-P :-P

only joking,I just wished the Green Storm's came with black leather

I just wished the Green Storm's came with black leather

You must be joking, for me its one of the reasons i went for the green. I wonder what a Mystic with beige would look like..

Good work CorradoRun, youre not hanging about, look forward to seeing this as it develops.

I just wished the Green Storm's came with black leather

You must be joking, for me its one of the reasons i went for the green. I wonder what a Mystic with beige would look like..

'fraid not...........I was always wanting a Mystic blue one purely for the black leather and the odd Classic Green ones that came up locally always looked well minging carpet/seat wise,tho having said that to me Classic green is a better colour than the mystic blue

Aloha corradorun! good to meet you the other night at bluewater (other half took you out for a blat in her rado :lol: ) Pics are looking good, keep em coming. Whereabouts is Alltech based btw?

Cheers

Gav

Nice standard car there dude, and glad to see you're adding you personal touch so quickly :lol:

Any plans for the engine given that you've had a taste of a charged VR curtosy of MI5 VW ??

Quite like the look of you old Colour Concept too!!

(Does that make me a "true dubber" ?? )

Aloha corradorun! good to meet you the other night at bluewater (other half took you out for a blat in her rado :lol: ) Pics are looking good, keep em coming. Whereabouts is Alltech based btw?

Cheers

Gav

Hello mate ! that was so cool going out in a supercharged vr, my car felt so slow driving home..... lol we are based in Tunbridge Wells Kent. il have an update later on today ! speek to you soon.

Nice standard car there dude, and glad to see you're adding you personal touch so quickly :lol:

Any plans for the engine given that you've had a taste of a charged VR curtosy of MI5 VW ??

Quite like the look of you old Colour Concept too!!

(Does that make me a "true dubber" ?? )

for now the plans will just be a full miltex exhaust and de-cat along with a a 6 branch. and a custom air filter. but a supercharger is a must have later on now................................ :D :D

thanks i do miss my colour concept sometimes, it was good to see it at the bluewater meet, and really funny seeing it on the road driving there and back !!!

Muff Love going out to the Alltech MASSIVE!

Well get cracking on your bumper next week if ya like?!

hello mate !!!!!!!!!! butterd roll :? yer iam gonna need your help smoothing the bumpers my friend. il chat to you later bout it when we go out tonight ! i know the girls will not be happy about us chating cars all night !! :D :D

Right guys its bin all go today !! we started by removing the rear badge's and rear wiper. taking the rear wipper out was more work than what its worth ! just getting the motor out was a pain :x then you have to grind away the ridge. once a metal plate is wealded up it then needs to be filled. but its half way there now. the same has been done on the rear badge's.

we then went over the hole car with a white pen and marked out the imperfections round the hole car i.e scratches dents etc.

100_2606.jpg

100_2620.jpg

100_2619.jpg

100_2604.jpg

100_2609.jpg

100_2617.jpg

100_2622.jpg

100_2608.jpg

marking out the imperfections round the hole car i.e scratches dents etc.

100_2607_0001.jpg

il have more for you guys next week.

Hi, I've just ordered some TT pedals, how did you fit yours?

they all fit no props, apart from the brake pedal what you have to cut the lug off then glue in place. il post up a pic soon mate.

« ted_pubfinder » wrote:Hi, I've just ordered some TT pedals, how did you fit yours?

they all fit no props, apart from the brake pedal what you have to cut the lug off then glue in place. il post up a pic soon mate.

I found the accelerator pedal is a bit tricky as the TT pedals are curved differently. It's a only a bit of bending by hand but took me a few tries to get it right.

Couldn't figure out which way round the brake / clutch pedal went but I've actually put mine on the other way, with the slightly lose one on the clutch, does it make a difference?

hi guys !! right iv done some more work on the rado today, we have taken the bumpers off as iam taking the rear towing eye out and smoothing the bumper. also the front number plate is going and being smoothed. and iam fitting mazda mx5 mirrors :lol: they took some work getting them to fit right but the end look will be really good !!! and as you need to take the door card off to get the mirrors off, i put in some sound deading into the front doors. have some more updates next week........

102_6389.jpg

102_6391.jpg

102_6394.jpg

102_6392.jpg

hi guys ! right the car is almost ready for paint :D have de-locked the number plate suround on the boot and smoothed it ready for paint. all the paking dents have now gone ! the front number plate has been re-moved and smoothed along with the back bumper were we have lost the towing eye. heres a few pics at the stage its at now, should be ready for painting next weekend !!!! :)

100_2709.jpg

100_2710.jpg

100_2711.jpg

100_2713.jpg

100_2717.jpg

100_2723.jpg

What you do is fit 2 clutch ones - fit perfectly with no mods. Do a search and you should find the part nnumbers.