Sign in to follow this  
Dredgey

How much is my c worth?

Hi all,

I'm considering the sale of my Corrado VR so that I may buy a house. (I would put this post in the cars for sale section but please note its not actually for sale!)... breaks my heart just thinking about it!

What does anyone think a late (1995) VR Corrado is worth these days? Just trying to get an idea as it may be the difference between buying a house or not.

Just need a rough figure:

Owned the car since Aug 2000 and it had 2 previous owners before that.

M reg '95 met blue 2.9 VR with 105k on the clock.

Mainatained religiously by VAG/The Phirm (Full History)

Black heated Recaro Leather

Coil-overs

Dare Allloys (original's can be supplied)

Immaculate paintwork

FK rear lights (orginals can be supplied)

Brembo brakes (discs and pads)

Cat 1 alarm/immobiliser - full closure

Never really had any problems with the car since I bought it 7 years ago- needed a clutch which was done at 60k, and had a new rad at about 80k... thats about it.

Doesn't reallyt add value as such, but I've also had the bump strips removed, door handles painted, number plate surround painted, and have a new bonnet and Zender grille going on it soon.

The car can be sold with the ICE - Pioneer mini-disc h/u, Pioneer CD autochanger, and Ipod connection (head unit controls ipod), Denon amp, JL Components, and JL 12w6 sub.

Pics should be in my album - Rough ideas please!

Cheers :( :cry: :puppydogeyes: :shaking:

I'd value it at about £6k ish .... Good spec with decent mileage... You'd be daft to let it go any cheaper than that

4-5k? Have you had chains done?

No that's probably my only criticism of the car chains have not been done - Although Tim at The Phirm suggested that they seem ok at the mo - although he felt by about 120k they may need doing.

Well that would get me my deposit on the house - seems between £4-6k is the suggested figure... Damn! I want to keep it AND get the house!

:confused4:

I am indeed, and funnily enough I've just become an estate agent! Used to be a marketing exec but decided to take a career change - my bro's been one for 15 years, and 2 houses, a 550bhp RS4, VR6 mk 2 golf, and an air cooled VW-dub camper van can't be bad!

Not just the deposit but the solicitor fees and stamp duty I'm thinking - there must be a way. Considering the possibility of a small loan and then get a place that I can house a lodger in the pay for the loan. Not ideal, but thats what my bro did when he first started out.

after hanging on to the Corrado for 7 years I'm so reluctant to sell it now!

Dont do it! Find another way, you will regret selling the corrado! :lol:

I know - tell me about it!... There must be a way!!!... I would be more gutted than a bernard mathews turkey farm! :roll:

your brother sounds fairly well off?? get a loan from him :lol:

Now theres a thought!!!! I like you're thinking! If you don't ask you don't get afterall! :idea:

your brother sounds fairly well off?? get a loan from him :lol:

Now theres a thought!!!! I like you're thinking! If you don't ask you don't get afterall! :idea:

or if you do sell ask if you can use his rs4 or mk2 vr6 as your daily indefinately... :wink:

All fees can be built in to the mortgage, solicitor, stamp duty etc,

dont sell the car, you'll only regret it and will struggle to find another that you can trust after having this one for so long. :wink:

But adding that extra money to the mortgage raises the monthly interest and therefore payments quite a bit. We looked at doing it when we bought recently and it just added loads on. We were originally going to take out a separate loan for the money but luckily my grandad stepped in and gave us the money for fees and stamp duty.

Now we have bought the house we are thinking of selling the car because I'd rather be spending money on doing the house up than fixing the car!! It all depends how you prioritise things.

All good advice- thanks people. I'm going to try my damn hardest to keep my corrado. I wanted one ever since I was a nipper - I'd hate to let it go after all this time of keeping it mint.

But priorities are priorities I guess; I've had to move back in with my folks temporarily as the rented house I was in had to be sold, and its starting to slowly turn me insane!

My girlfriend worked at an estate agent as PA to the mortgage advisor for 5 years, through doing that she now has friends that work as solicitors who will waive the legal fees etc and no fees from the mortgage advisor either.

Apparently they are all at it, this is why all estate agents are loaded. They tip each other off when an investment bargain is coming up before its even in the papers and then get their mates to handle the paperwork. Ive heard of people who are 22-23 yrs old who only earn 15k a year but have 2 or 3 properties all through knowing all the loopholes to jump through.

Still there has to be some upshot to being made to drive round in a new shape mini with advertising stickers down the side :lol: