Sign in to follow this  
waynos

waynos' 1.9 16vt more bits done!

right, its been a while but heres some more progress. If you know me, you will know that i dont like cold weather so i dont do a lot.

heres the gauges in the car

guagesfitted.jpg

had to make a bracket to hold the relay board for the megasquirt, mounted it behind the headlight which you will see a bit further down

relayboardbracket.jpg

i got a case from maplins to mount the relay board inside. Then i painted the bracket i made for it and screwed it to the relay box.

relayboardfitted.jpg

some pics of it fitted.

relayboardinstalled3.jpg

relayboardinstalled.jpg

relayboardinstalled2.jpg

finally a pic of the megasquirt ecu fitted to underneath the dash. i may move it once ive finished mapping but for now its easy to get to if it needs to be removed and i can plug the laptop into it easily

ecuincar.jpg

the wires in the dash above the ecu are for setting up the wideband controller.

everything is complete so this weekend its a case of setting her up and seeing if it fires. fingers crossed all will be good!

ur not wrong! its been half a year since i drove her ! and although im knocking about in a mk1 gti its not the same

excellent build thread fella,keep the updates coming,great to see megasquirt being used :D

Good work waynos! Glad to see a 16vt making progress and nearly finished. Which T28 is that? What was the donnor vehicle? Was ebay your friend? So many questions... :lol:

Has the conversion cost you much in total?

ebay is indeed my good friend,everything bar the megasquirt has been bought off there! not sure what the turbo came off but it when put side by side with the t25 there is bare ny diffence visually ,its garrett one. the engine came from someone of here, it was a turbo technics engine but the ecu was playing up along with the fith injector.rather than waste time with k-jet i just decided to start from fresh.once ive got it all up and running ill wack up all the prices of everything.to be honest it isnt that expensive - probably due to the fact that i sourced most parts off the bay!