Sign in to follow this  
Furkz

MILLTEK Exhausts Group BUY

Hi i personally have a G60 and doing this post to see if there is any particular interest in doing an group buy for the above exhaust. I hear it is one of the best exhaust systems u can put on a corrado by far......

I have made some enquiries and come up with a quote for £370 for a full cat-back system inculding a de-cat pipe, VAT and delivery. (Awesome GTI).This sounds pretty good in comparison with some other quotes i have obtained. Im sure they will be willing to do a discount for a group buy and i will be checking this tomorrow, i will also be checking to see if there are other organisations out there who are willing to do a better deal. :roll:

Also if there is any retailer on the forum who would like to deal a deal for a group buy i would be very interested to hear from you

Well come on boyz and gyals :p

Furki

P.S im sure it doesnt matter whether you drive a G60,16V OR VR6 im sure they cater for all

I rang Awesome the other day ref exhausts. I tried AMD first as they were nearer but they didn't know which model would fit. The Miltech catalogue lists G60s from '92 on.

So they gave me Milltechs phone number to check. Milltech weren't sure and gave me Awesomes number!

The Milltech one is only cat back and that was approx £360. If you wanted to do a de-cat then it was approx another £50 and the de-cat pipe would be a Supersprint part. If I remember correctly total price was around £410.

As the de-cat was Supersprint I plumped for the whole Supersprint system, which is approx £50 dearer. Stealth are fitting it on Monday for me, provided it arrives tomorrow!

check on awesome's site its £265 +VAT which works out to abt £311 roughly if my maths is correct.. I have also made the calls man and the above price is quoted from Jim@awesome

i have a MILLTEK de cat pipe in stainless steel as the supersprint one is only mild steel... milltek do a system for a

I would love to, but I just bought my g60, and 3 days later hit a deer. I can't believe how much parts are for this thing, the hood costs more than my dad's ML 55 AMG hood!! And parts are near impossible to find, at least around here. Let me know what kind of deal you can get though, mine had the exhaust replaced by the body shop I bought it from, and they cheaped out really bad. Way to reastrictive, they must have thought it was a plain 4 banger :mad: idoits!

Oh well,

obviously got duff gen when I rang about prices but bit about de-cat is pukka

maybe dont make the de-cat any more then ?? but i got mine from r&a complete system last yr for £320 all in with stainless de=cat pipe too.

Got my system custom made by JP Exhausts in Macclesfield for £350...

Downpipe back system with my choice of exhaust pipe, finish and exhaust note... This is the second exhaust system I've got from them (different cars, first was 16V MKI golf 9 years ago! :lol: ) and I'm well chuffed with the results. They even fixed it under warantee when I managed to break a weld due to a dodgy engine mount. :oops: No worries or anything... 8)

I'm now getting my exhaust manifold gas flowed and a Miltek downpipe to mate to my system from John (16VG60) which is a great price for a fantastic bit of kit! 8)

I have dealt with Milltek for some time now and am a registerd trade outlet of theirs. I have also worked closely with them to produce specific custom components relating to the Corrado systems. As Henny mentioned the main item of interest here is the large bore high flow stainless front pipe. I have supplied a number of systems allready to a many of you on the forum and would be happy to entertain a group buy package. To clarify, the systems that are available i can quite simply state that no matter what model you own i can supply a milltek system for it. For 16v and G60 owners you can have a full manifold back system. For VR6 owners currently you can be supplied cat back systems only. Cat by-pass pipes are available to order and can be fitted to any model but clearly your emmissions are likey to be affected and MOT standards may not be met for those with 1992 on Corrados. Let me know if you would like to move on this proposal.

Darren,

Also if there is any retailer on the forum who would like to deal a deal for a group buy i would be very interested to hear from you

John was replying to Furki's post about a retailer being able to help out with a GB package as requested in his post originally....and also offering more choices......

John (just my £1's worth)

Johns post wasnt just saying that the systems were good but what parts were available for each model and that he would try to help with a deal. Surely it makes it easier to figure out the group buy if you know what bits you can 'group' on.

but hey, what do i know :(

Yep, im in for that. 92 G60 - exhaust please 8)

cant move on this till December tho. im off on travels in November so wont be around or have the funds. But if it happens December onwards im deffo up for it!

Darren,

John was replying to Furki's post about a retailer being able to help out with a GB package as requested in his post originally....and also offering more choices......

John (just my £1's worth)

fair enough post retracted ...it was only my 2p's worth anyway ...

RIGHT,

I dont mind who supplys the exhausts as long aas they are the genuine article and WE (the group) are getting the best bargained price for a quality bit of kit.

I have done some research and got some prices regarding the Group Buy.....

These prices are for a group buy of more than 5 purchases

16V/G60 (hangers and hooked type)- £265

VR6- £285

The P+P Prices will be £10 to uk residents and £20-£30 for Ireland

More than 5 ppl, u get the same prices but FREE P+P with the exception of Ireland which will be still between £20-£30

The de-cat pipe's whch are only available for 16v and G60 models will be supplied for £50 (Normal price is £52+vat)

ALL PRICES INCLUDE VAT

Ohh yeah i also had my MOT done last month and the test center were 100% sure that even if i didnt have a CAT my emissions would still be able to fly thru the test..

92 G60

Apparently u only need a CAT system from 1994 onwards

Anyone in North West England should try Blueflame in Skelmersdale (01695 737700). I got a cat back system, choice of tailpipe, choice of "loud" or "quiet" system for my VR; fitted for £275.00

16Vg60 fitted a miltek stainless steel to my g60 and i have not stopped smiling for weeks, right type a noise at low speed, nice howl at higher revs. It complements the sound of the charger great and of course fits the corrado rear nicely. Go for it there really are a good buy for the money that you are paying.

For 16v and G60 owners you can have a full manifold back system.
serious intrest in the down pipes n cat bypass. currently running a miltec cat back need the parts up front as mines been replaced with what looks like a mk 2 golf downpipe to the miltec to get rid of the cat info and cost for downpipes n cat bypass alone appricated