Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

Who is running a 3rd Brake light

Who is running a 3rd brake light, came it stock? was it already there

when you bought your C (installed by pre-ower) or did you install it by yourself??

Stock 3rd brake lights were only fitted to US C's... you could talk to Tempest about his US G60 import!

Kevhaywire has fitted a 3rd light in the top of the internal plastic boot surround which looks nice and factory or you could check out Henny's G60 with it's LED lights drilled carefully and fitted in the spoiler 8)

thanks icon_thumright.gif

i know it only came stock on the us spec cars.

just wanted to know how many of you fittted a 3rd brake light

by thierself. any pics of the cars ??

I've done one - located at the top of my boot lid. Check out my sections in the members gallery. It was easy enough to do, but took a bit of time. Stops the Chelsea tractors from running over me when they can't see my low down brake lights.

Think the best and most subtle is Henny's where he has mounted LED's into the spoiler at just the perfect angle to make a VERY bright brake light

My old G60 (J754WBO) runs an American hatch and VAG third brake light. Looked Ok, and gave a bright light.

Shame it involved an old guy driving a Shogun 4x4 into the back of the car and ~5k insurance bill to obtain the third brake light!!

You can buy the brake light from ARZ, but I believe metal work on the UK hatch needs surgery to fit it.