Sign in to follow this  
coolrado

headlight level adjusters (electric)

i managed to find a pair of motorised headlight level adjusters and the potentiometer on a caddy van in the scrappy the other day so for a fiver i couldnt leave them there, the motors fit directly onto the standard hella units but was there ever a standard fit level control potentiometer for the corrado dash?

if i cant find one i may just replace the dash illumination dimmer as it doesnt work very well with the LED's anyway.

My corrado is a german LHD import and it has this function. the switch on the dash is positioned next to lights. closer to the steering wheel

My corrado is a german LHD import and it has this function. the switch on the dash is positioned next to lights. closer to the steering wheel

any chance you could find a part number on it?

or does anyone have etka with this part listed?

My old 16v, which was a full UK spec car, had adjustable headlight.

BelfastFumanchu has the car now.

PM him and see if he can get a part no. for you.

My rado got headlight adj fitted as standard.. switch is different to one above.. will post one up in the daytime..

i managed to find a pair of motorised headlight level adjusters and the potentiometer on a caddy van in the scrappy the other day so for a fiver i couldnt leave them there, the motors fit directly onto the standard hella units but was there ever a standard fit level control potentiometer for the corrado dash?

if i cant find one i may just replace the dash illumination dimmer as it doesnt work very well with the LED's anyway.

Did you ever get these working? I've bought some motors from ebay (Audi 80) and a potentiometer (new from VW) as pictured above, but can't seem to get the motors to move! Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if the motors are duds (unlikely) :shrug:

Still got to make up a loom for them but wasn't sure how to wire them up?

yeah I ended up just fitting a standard potentiometer in one of the switch blanks, and they work perfectly, i will have to have a look how i wired them up, as it was ages ago and i have a brain like a sieve.

although i think i just copied the wiring for the vw caddy from the wiring diagrams on volkswagen.msk.ru

how many connections are there on the motors? the caddy ones are 3 wire, (0v, 12v and signal in) if i recall, so i think it was just 12v to one side of the pot and the wiper connected to the signal in connection on the motors.

also how much was the potentiometer from vw?

do you know if they do one for an early dash?

I will try and double check the wiring on the car tomorrow morning just to make sure.

I got a 1995 one which looks like the one in the pic above, but Bally says his is different so they probably did :shrug: My motors are 3 pin, with a - G + markings on the pins. My switch has five pins coming out of it.

I can find everything other than a caddy wiring diagram :(

Really useful site though thanks for that

I am presuming that one one is 12v illumination live for the switch, one is earth, one is ignition live, and two are for the outputs signal to the motors. Presumably they have comparators in them then?

On each motor, you have 1 for live, one for earth, and one for signal?

only 1 wire goes from the pot to the G terminal on the motors, the - terminal on the motors is ground, + is fed from ignition, I will check the rest out tomorrow.

Now, now boys....

I like it, not exactly worth while if you're not towing things, but I like toys. :)

I fitted them mainly because i adjust the coilovers quite regularly so its easier to adjust the lights to suit.

It also comes in handy when you get stuck behind some tit with their rear fogs on.

I just dont see why people feel the need to make idiotic comments like that.

If you dont like it or think its pointless nobody asked for your opinion so just ignore it and STFU!

Probably the most pointless mod imo :ignore:

Does that mod meet your approval?

Just having an opinion , could not see the point going to all the trouble for something thats hardly used thats all :brickwall: no real need to get personal , thought we where allowed to express an opinion on here or did i miss something :hitler:

could not see the point going to all the trouble for something thats hardly used thats all :brickwall: no real need to get personal , thought we where allowed to express an opinion on here or did i miss something :hitler:

all what effort???

they took 20 minutes to fit and cost me nothing.

your perfectly entitled to your opinion, but the title of the thread wasn't "what do you think of electric headlight adjusters?"

no real need to get personal , thought we where allowed to express an opinion on here or did i miss something :hitler:
Are you really that challenged as to not understand why you received abuse from the very people doing the mod when you post a remark like that? Especially when you didn't bother to find out why I'm doing the mod in the first place. You really are a tool.

Now now, let's keep it civil please.

Put some perspective on things and play nicely otherwise we'll have to start castrating people.

Now now, let's keep it civil please.

Put some perspective on things and play nicely otherwise we'll have to start castrating people.

I can tell you are just looking for an excuse to get the castrating tongs out :doc: :lol: