Sign in to follow this  
VAG-hag

Bottom half Spray

I live in Barnsley S Yorks for starters. The car has v little rust/ problems just the usual chipped bonnet etc etc. I think it would really benefit from a bottom half spray but just wondered how much to expect to pay...........

Cheers in advance......

I have just been quoted £800 for a bottom half repaint from the guy who normally does all of my paintwork, which I thought was quite good considering the amount of work involved :)

I have just been quoted £800 for a bottom half repaint

Would it not be more cost effective to get the whole lot done while you are getting it done, id imagine itll only cost another few hundred for a complete job??

Would it not be more cost effective to get the whole lot done while you are getting it done, id imagine itll only cost another few hundred for a complete job??

Yeah it would only cost approx an extra £400-£500 to have the pillars and roof painted, but I cant see the point in having them done as the paintwork in these areas is fine, but I will make the final decision closer to the time, I have to be carefull what I spend as my better half seems to have a sixth sense when it comes to my cars and money :)

I have to be carefull what I spend as my better half seems to have a sixth sense when it comes to my cars and money :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have just been quoted £800 for a bottom half repaint

Cos im looking @ £1700 - £2000 & just cant justify it. If money was no object............

Well id have me an R32'rado for starters but...........

Well id have me an R32'rado for starters but...........

So would i and i hope one day i will.

great minds..........

let me know if you do mate!! in my dream i get it blown too, you the same??

2 grand!?

Is it gold?

:D

why would i paint a gold car???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

i could get some dodgy geezer to abuse it but id rarther not. these are prices im getting from guys with good reps.......

my old C cost £1600 to paint & all I did was find faults every time I cleaned it. Just trying to learn from the past....

Why are resprays so expensive?

I'd like to get mine done at some point. Although if i were to have a respray in the same colour there wouldn't be any messing around with door shuts, under the bonnet, inside the boot etc, would just be the external panels

Paintworks's all in the prep.

I see this day in, day out, shoddy fucking jobs which could have been excellent with someone who cared, and tbh, could be saved with some post-work.

2 grand is out of bed for a spray job mate, sorry. I can get a crap blow-over done for 400 quid, rising to 1200/1500 max for a spot on job.

Best way is to go through people you know. I have 3 bodyshops I use. One for cheap and cheerful, one for general use and fancy stuff (his penchant), and one for the dogs bollocks stuff, got a Bentley in for a full paint right now, and I bet it ain't gonna cost 2 grand.

Shop around mate, and ask for references.

My full respray cost me close to £3K two years back, not including all the new bits and pieces of trim...

I'd rather pay once to get a top quality job, than pay a lot less and constantly be regretting it because of a load of imperfections coming up a few months down the line

Also, I guess the price varies depending where you are in the country - higher overheads for the bodyshop etc.

mine needs lots of patches doing, and am going to see a very reputable guy sometime this week. will let you know how it goes and what he says.

Damn why cant i have kind close friend with a bodyshop and some spare time!!!

I want mine doing, but the car is worth £1500 tops, so a respray just doesnt make sense, maybe a day of detailing will do the trick

Paintworks's all in the prep.

I see this day in, day out, shoddy **** jobs which could have been excellent with someone who cared, and tbh, could be saved with some post-work.

2 grand is out of bed for a spray job mate, sorry. I can get a crap blow-over done for 400 quid, rising to 1200/1500 max for a spot on job.

Shop around mate, and ask for references.

I agree with you about prep work but I know that 2k for a full spray is not unheard of as I was quoted nearly 3 when I shopped around last time. did you mean for the 1/2 job?

Ive got a mate who works at a top place nearby so will get a quote from them, got a feeling it will be steep.

Cheers to every1 for your help :D