Sign in to follow this  
dukest

advice on buying kit at shows

hi all,

excuse the lack of knowledge but there are a few things i'm looking to pick up over the next few months and i just wanted to ask if you can generally "organise" your purchases with any of the suppliers in advance in order to get their "show" prices..

i'm mainly thinking about some coilovers - is it possible to ring up and say "bring me a set of xyz coilies to inters so i can pay you a cheaper cash price for them"?

thanks in advance!

john

Not something I've done before but I can't see any harm in trying... planning to get a load of parts for the new project in the coming months and may give this a go myself...

I wouldn't be suprised if they say the only way they will do it is if they have stock with them and you get there early enough - call them and let us know how you get on :D

when i have asked suppliers at a show if they have any more stock of something they have run out of they usually tell me to call them before the show to make sure they have it and they will reserve it for me, my mate has done this loads of times with bits for his camper.

if its a company that does free delivery they are saving money by bringing it to the show so they should give you a show discount, but like has been mentioned it depends on the supplier.

Normally most reputable companies will hold show prices. If you order on the day and they don`t have the item with them,they will send it out p+p included in the price. :)