Sign in to follow this  
9olo

DDI dials fitted. BUT?

fitted my ddi's they look awesome and work well, BUT! when i fitted the dial rings a few days ago, the illumination on the bottom line of the fuel/temp. gauge is covered by the dial ring? so only a tiny bit of the illuminated line is visible, it's fully visible on the speedo and rev counter.

anyone else suffer from this problem?

Ive only got the surrounds on mine but they are fine, havent had any probs..

I know herisites has the full set up, may be worth giving him a shout.

corrado008.jpg

if you look at that pic the horizontal white line on the bottom of the fuel/temp gauge is almost completely covered by the dial ring yet on the speedo and rev counter it's not obstructed by the dial rings at all.

i can see what you mean, but can't help

are the rev counter and fuel display ring the same size? i.e: can you swap them?

can you not cut the holes on the guage a bit bigger at the bottom, therefore being able to move the gauge up slightly? only need to cut a slight fraction off..and the hole will be covered by the screwhead.....

I know herisites has the full set up, may be worth giving him a shout.

My ears are burning :lol:

Yeah i have the full set up with with rings and mine illuminates fine. I didnt fit them in any particular way really either just glued them in place :?

mine fitted fine too, but thinking about it, I don't have the DDI rings I don't think, mine don't stand out as much, bought them off a member here

slightly OT, but Therapor do you have any pics of yours? I've got the DDi dials with the same rings as you, wouldnt mind seeing waht its going to look like!! :)

i can see what you mean, but can't help

are the rev counter and fuel display ring the same size? i.e: can you swap them?

both the same size

can you not cut the holes on the guage a bit bigger at the bottom, therefore being able to move the gauge up slightly? only need to cut a slight fraction off..and the hole will be covered by the screwhead.....

yeah i might try that, the screws aren't visible on the fuel gauge. problem is it sits prefect at the top.

My ears are burning :lol:

Yeah i have the full set up with with rings and mine illuminates fine. I didnt fit them in any particular way really either just glued them in place :?

the line looks very close to dial ring on your fuel gauge compared to the others.

maybe just a tolerence issue??

Bit of a thread revival.......

But have now finnaly got the c back on the road and am trying to sort out some issues. One being that after fitting the ddi dials and removing the existing bulbs I cant see the needles at night time...........

Anyone had the same problem or did you leave the dash bulbs in?

I put red filters on the bulbs on mine. Didn't illuminate the dials anymore, but the needles glowed a lovely visible red ;)