Sign in to follow this  
CIPO

DUEL STORIES.

Hey they all you Corrado lovers everywhere,

This site is a new find for me and I've alresdy solved my wiper problem! Anyway, have you any good stories on the odd duel or two with other like minded individuals in decent machinery??

I had a great one with a 330D in and out of a roundabout then up through the gears-nothing in it.

Those bloody torquey oil burners!!

Also, anyone timed their VR6 under 7secs to 60, cause i can't get mine to!!

Happy driving,

Mick.

Greetings fellow Corrado nut....

Watch out for those bloomin diesels....they can embarrass you very easily if they catch you off your guard! The 330D is a particularly fast diesel and considering the VR6 doesn't do an awful lot below 4000rpm, I'd say you did well to keep up, but then you do have a higher rev range and weight advantages.

VW's official 0-60 quote for the VR is 6.9. Other sources have found anything from 6.2 to 7.2. I would expect a medium milage and looked after VR to be below 7 seconds to be honest. You may have a sensor malfunctioning. The VR is fastidious with sensors, they all need to be 100% otherwise the engine won't run at it's best.

As for duels, I don't entertain it. It's not the reason I bought the car. I'll have a 'play' with someone on the motorway from time to time but I can't be arsed with racing round streets and country lanes. Although another member and I had a 'spirited' drive on the way to the Stealth Rolling road day!

Kev

Quite right - get on a race track - the best and safest way to battle someone (although track days are officially non-competitive :wink: )

I know I've bragged about this elsewhere but I've surprised a Scooby WRX STi and Honda NSX on the circuit.

How about a forum track day? Just a thought - and you'd have to let Golfs come if my car ever sells!!

i agree. on public roads it comes down to who is willing to sacrifice safety and the well-being of their car to show off their big nuts (small brain?).

time and a place. you don't see porsche's wasting scoobs every chance they get. not around here anyway.. .the porsche guys just look down their nose at you and sip their latté.

that said... i love showin those civics where its at lol :lol:

Yeah, I agree. I mean I don't go round looking for ppl to race.

On the other hand I didn't buy a Corrado just to cruise about in :twisted:

Anybody tells you any different & they're lying

Yea, know what you mean.

Have come across quite a few people trying to replace performance with stupidity, but I know where to draw the line.

Did get smoked one time by a mk2 Golf on steroids though!! Bet he loved that......

1995 VR6 with heated leather.

Mystic blue.

No mods, just lots of miles(116K) but if you treat it right it will go on forever. Goes and sounds as well as it did when I got it 3 years and 60K miles ago.

Had a Renault 21 turbo before that. It was a great car and a match for the VR6 on performance. Felt quicker cause of the turbo though.

i think we have heard all this sort of chat before and all we came up with was the fact that on the road it is the guy who is willing to take the most risks who is going to come out on top.

Of course you don't buy a corrado just to cruise about in but you can enjoy it without having to race any one.

On a quiet open road for instance

Mystic blue.

No mods, just lots of miles(116K) but if you treat it right it will go on forever. Goes and sounds as well as it did when I got it 3 years and 60K miles ago.

Had a Renault 21 turbo before that. It was a great car and a match for the VR6 on performance. Felt quicker cause of the turbo though.

So you got a Storm then if its mystic blue? Take care of it.. they only made 250 like that!

Mystic blue.

So you got a Storm then if its mystic blue? Take care of it.. they only made 250 like that!

Also again..... some pics would be nice, you're car is rare and would be nice to see it.

If you dont wanna take care of it..... give it to me :lol: :lol:

Wish it was a storm but it has a storm badge though.

Grey leather and no colour coded grill gives it away.

It's very well looked after, well so my girlfriend tells me!

Too busy for pics at the moment, off to the states for a month next week.

Will give a report on any Corrado encounters stateside when I come back in Dec.

Wish it was a storm but it has a storm badge though.

Grey leather and no colour coded grill gives it away.

It's very well looked after, well so my girlfriend tells me!

Too busy for pics at the moment, off to the states for a month next week.

Will give a report on any Corrado encounters stateside when I come back in Dec.

Good for you... 8) thats the nice thing about the forum... you can still log on nomatter where you are :)

not only that the c was around tenty three grand new and a punto gt or turbo, cost about 32p i seem to remember so i know at the end of the day which one i would rather own, in fact i got given a uno when i was sixteen by my dad and it was great at thrashing round fields it lasted about 20 mins before the exhaust fell off but still that is a quick punto which ever way you look at it :D

Mystic blue.

if its not a storm it won't be mystic blue btw......as mystic blue was a storm-only colour........check for the paint code in the boot or on the inner wing next to the airbox

though as you've also said that its got a stormbadge then its perhaps had the black leather replaced with grey leather which is a slim possibility given how much in demand black leather is

i agree. on public roads it comes down to who is willing to sacrifice safety and the well-being of their car to show off their big nuts (small brain?).

time and a place. you don't see porsche's wasting scoobs every chance they get. not around here anyway.. .the porsche guys just look down their nose at you and sip their latté.

that said... i love showin those civics where its at lol :lol:

The porsche owners feel no reason. They know that in many cases they are faster and don't care to waste there time not to mention porsche are made for track use and not for redlight to redlight racing. I have raced VR6 Corrado's, scoobs but rarely race my stock 944's and almost never race the 993.

http://www2.go-concepts.com/~ghetto/944s2race1.wmv

The VR is great!! Only prob is that my VR is a golf!

But you can have fun with them, best race i ever had was with a looper in a subaru!

He tried to get ahead of me driving like a mad man!

As for motorway dices, the old mk4 gti and mk2 16v asre the best craic!

R32's are not that quick at all!!!