Sign in to follow this  
vwchick

Off to the Isle of Wight

Hi ya motor heads

Can't wait til saturday as taking my new baby on a road trip to the island.

Looking forward to having a blast down there.

Anyone from iow on here? Did look at a yellow Rado a few years ago over there. Theres a few cars on iow

I'm interested in any south coast meets coming up, any info?

No not from IOW but i spend most weekends there. On the water though.

Nice coastal road on the back off the island from the needles to shanklin.

Whats your plan for the weekend

Oh so your a WAFI ( sorry just what you boaty lot get call by us islanders)

Sadly moved off iow in Aug last year after 5 years,

You mean the Milly road, they used that in Top gear once, good long road but like all the island the roads surfaces are shit and want to chuck you in the hedge.

Girly stuff really

My mates ready to pop an have a baby but hasn't had it yet, told her it has to get out by Sunday as will miss it.

Saturday night staying with friends and off into Cowes for a few cheeky ones.

Will take a drive round the island to sea the sea which i really miss in the mainland.

Yes I'm a WAFI and have been for the last 10 years. Sad to say but it's one reason I've lost a bit of interest in my Corrado, she sat in the garage collecting dust. :cry:

I race a yacht which we keep in Gosport most weekends in the Solent and venture across the channel in the summer. I love the island esp... Yarmouth and newtown for the peace. And the hussle and bussle of Cowes during cowes week.

Hope you have a good weekend... Hows the new car

:D hay you know about WAFI

Soz

They do get a bad name, I sold my house in Cowes in Dec and hav to say that Cowes week was fun but the mess left behind is a real shame.

Oh and the end of Cowes week fire works are the best i've ever seen.

Yachts are ok but things wiv engines are best, how about power boat weekend?

Really missed New year in Cowes this year, such a great time dressing up, never known a town like it for fancy dress.

Which pub do you drink in? The Anchor? Pier View?

I used to work nights in The Fountain by the Red jet. Had some fab times

Looking forward to the weekend

Oops got carried away wiv talkin about the island

My car is fantastic

My day off today so keep looking out the window at her just to check i'm not dreaming.

Going for a spin after lunch.

Such a nice drive, i've owned a lot of cars for a girly and have to say this is the best.

Good to hear everything is okay with the Rado. They certainly put a smile on your face, even to look at out of the window. You should have a nice cruise in her at the weekend.

Humm drinking establishments in cowes, depends really. Normally put the boat into shephards marina so either the Anchor or Island Sailing club just before the RORC (Royal Offshore Racing Club) office. Quite often eat in the Red Duster or go up to the Folly for a bit of table dancing :lol:. Also the Wheatsheaf in Yarmuff as they do quite okayish food.

Have a good weekend, not sure where we will end up !

oooooooooooo

ISC (full of old people) I once did a coffee morning with my Jewellery there

( i'm a Goldsmith, use to work at Benzie in Cowes, stunk up bastards)

Sad the Globe has gone, great in the summer

I love Yarmuff, been to the George to eat a few times, now thats food.

Great to talk to some one who knows iow.

Cheers

Yes had a beer in the geaorge once... food looks luvly. sadly never wearing the right clothes to go in there of an evening..... they dont except scruffs :lol: :lol:

I used to live in Southampton - so I guess you know what we called you IOWers? Not gonna repeat here though..... :wink:

Congrats on buying the best FWD car ever made, it will give you many miles of smiley motoring (until the fekker breaks down somewhere miles from home!:))

Cheers mate

After 5 years i felt like i'd been released from a mental home.

Don't get me wrong i love iow but all totally barking mad, i felt very at home there.

Really enjoying Wiltshire now.

Fab countryside to drive my sexy car in.

ooooo

Anyone going to the IOW music fest in June :?:

This will be my 4th year,

There are some great bands playin this year

Snow Patrol, The feeling, Muse,Kasabian, Ash,Keene, The Fratellis, Paolo Nutini, James Marrison, Amy Winehouse.

not confirmed Rolling Stones, Police

Happy Days :lol:

I race a yacht which we keep in Gosport most weekends in the Solent

If anyone is on Gosport and they want a mini Corrado do im here most weekends and am always keen to see more Rados.

i'm a Goldsmith

So am i, by name though, not proffession....

After 5 years i felt like i'd been released from a mental home.

Don't get me wrong i love iow but all totally barking mad, i felt very at home there.

Shh the boss is from there...

Then again, he comes up to London everyday so you must be right!

Hi ya motor heads

Can't wait til saturday as taking my new baby on a road trip to the island.

Looking forward to having a blast down there.

Anyone from iow on here? Did look at a yellow Rado a few years ago over there. Theres a few cars on iow

I'm interested in any south coast meets coming up, any info?

I'm off to the Isle of whteness this Friday. Sadly in a Transit van. gonna meet Flusted and purchase parts from him to get my Yellow G60 rolling again. Its a monster journey for me. manchester and back :shock:

have fun

haha i bought my corrado whilst still living on the isle of wight!

Flusted is a sound guy too, ask him how is sister is doing for me ;)

or go up to the Folly for a bit of table dancing :lol:

I remember a great evening table dancing in the Folly! I've only been once and unfortunately it was only 4 weeks after I broke my leg so I couldn't dance as much as I would have liked but I still managed!! It did seem weird when the guy who had just served us our dinner suddenly joined the band and then the whole place went mad... all drinks, plates, ashtrays etc went on the floor or on chairs and everyone got on the tables and danced. It was a struggle to keep table space and not fall off. Manic!! I'd love to go back but don't sail very often sadly.

vwchick, hope you get a good drive. I remember when I finally got my rado after at least 5 years of wanting one. I went down to Cornwall in mine and had a great time. The looks you get when you put your foot down are fantastic. 18mths on and the feeling still hasn't worn off :D oh and I still look out of the window and gaze at my C too!

scarlet_vr6 : the folly is mint, used to go sailing up to htere from hamble with me step dad, got v v drunk quite a few times...

But tbh where i come from its called the isle of sh!te!!!! (waits for hte torrent of abuse! :lol: ) Although i have had some very good times there at cowes week getting merry and smoking (need i say more)......

Hi Ya

You got it wrong it's the "Pile of sh!te"

Not really i really miss the island but it's great to be able to go to big shops and stuff now., ya very limited on the iow.

Looking forward to the drive on sat.

Happy Days