Sign in to follow this  
drunkenmunkey

B#llox!-Central heating boiler's gone-new Vr6 threatened!

:cry: :cry: :cry: Our bloody central heating boilers just gone and the Corgi' fitter has 'kindly' said that he can just replace the boiler for £1200!

The lovely new Dragon Green VR6 that I've just bought [and stuck new rear shocks, front tyres, couple of pipes and kissed alot] may have to go!

It is an awesome car, why why why why why :( :(

By the way James I've taken some pics of her now [she looks the same as when you owned her] I just haven't had time to post them - they're on their way. Sorry to hear about yours going - to anyone in the market for James' car, his old one has been abused for the last 1.5 years and still feels quality - a testamet to the mans work!

Don't even think like that.

Its summer soon, who needs hot water

Don't do it

I like your style :lol:

Sorry to hear your bad news mate! If you can get away with not selling the corrado then great but if not then needs must and all that :(

have you looked into the possibillity of a heating grant towards the cost of the replacement boiler?

what has actually gone on the boiler? most plumbers reaction is replace it, as there is more money in it for them when most of the time its just a case of replacing a circuit board or valve.

He reckons it's the valve....but the boiler is OLD and probably could do with replacing, it takes over an hour to heat up the closest radiator. I was considering buying one for £6-700 and fitting it myself but I can't be ar#ed with the hassle. We did look at burseries but apparently we aren't spending enough and the house isn't old enough...Time to talk to the bank methinks!

Thanks mate :) It is a beauty, took it into ATS the other day and it drew a crowd - didn't get that in my beemer touring! I haven't seen yours around yet, I'll keep an eye out.

I'm needing a new boiler too but there's no way the Corrado will be going to fund it.

Do a cash deal with the plumber's merchant for a new boiler, do the donkey work of the install yourself, get a Corgi registered to do the bit that the law requires (cash in hand Saturday afternoon if possible). Unless that is you wanna sell the Corrado anyway???

Nope! I think a wee chat with the bank is the order of the day and try to keep the VR6, just one thing...does anyone fancy telling that to my wife instead of me?!

Feel for you matey.. My hot water tank went about this time last year, only days after my supercharger kit arrived!! Had to stick on my credit card, which only just had the charger fee added to it. It took a serious pounding that month, and i'm still paying it off now...

Incidently, it's worth getting a few prices for the tank, as some plumbers will charge the earth. Luckliy i knew someone in the trade, and sourced the tank myself.. Saved £800 off the cheapest quote i had from a plumber...

Steve