Sign in to follow this  
dubster82

R32 Golf options?

I was lucky enough to drive one at the weekend and it's a lovely bit of kit. Goes well, grips the road forever (seemingly), has a superb interior & build quality, and a great stereo (for a standard car)

In all honesty it's a little too refined for it's own good, because it just doesn't feel that quick but believe me it goes like stink and we were monstering everything we came across. Believe me - you want this car.

All in all (as Guy Hartley said to me) it's probably the first really exciting car VW have made since the Corrado... all I need to do is try and find the £27k to buy one now :?

John

If you know Guy, why are you saying you need 27K to get one?

Do you want to pay over the odds?

Guy (The p***** idiot) phoned me at home at 2:15am to tell me how he'd just bought the R32 that day and infuse me with his entheusiasm, explaining how it was all that he'd expected AND more! LOL (sorry Guy) ;-)

They are good, AND 4wheel drive, with Sat-Nav etc!

Chris

had one parked outside my work last week, looked very nice, but at the end of the day its still a Golf, and every other car is a Golf. I'd prefere my C any day of the week :D

Thera

I must admit I have enjoyed every moment of my now 4th day of ownership of the R32. Really I wish I was owner number one on the VRD and had never cancelled the order I had back in November last year, but at least I've saved a few quid and now have something to go for the AmD mods that are bound to happen! Not that I'm saying the car is slow or anything, but it could do with a few more horses. The chassis is 2nd 2 no other car I have ever driven, you can really throw it about.

Now the question is, will AmD drop the VAT for cash?

:lol: - Just got back from Ace Cafe and there were actually 3 R32's there, and 4 C's. Almost as common!

The 2 C owners I flashed at over the last few days must wonder who the feck that mad chap in the golf was!

Guy

"Guy

'02 Deep Blue R32 (Why did I cancel the order for the new one)

'95 Corrado Storm (Shrick Inducted and Vortech charged for hidden power)

'93 Nothelle Corrado VR6 (soon to go to another corrado loving home) "

are you and mike edwards having a "see how many nice veedubs i can own" competition with each other here btw :lol: :lol: :lol:

anyway do u have any pics of your Nothelle that you can post before you let it go?

Feck know's what's going on here... I don't have an click happy finger I promise!

Sure Roddy... I can mail you some snaps or the Article it was featured in if you want to see it?

Feck know's what's going on here... I don't have an click happy finger I promise!

Sure Roddy... I can mail you some snaps or the Article it was featured in if you want to see it?

hehehehe.....dunno what happened but i deleted the replicated post

if you could post both that would be spot-on :wink:

Is deep Blue maent to be the colour of the one i chopped at the top of the page? or is it more a navy like the name suggests? i thought the R32 was only meant to come in one colour of blue. andit was meant to be rare. I've seen a few R32's now, and nearly all of them have been blue!!! :lol:

I suggested to Guy that one of the first mods he should consider for the R32 would be a chip upgrade... to the Sat-Nav.

The lass's voice on it is pretty cute and slightly German but I think that a change to either a French or possibly Swedish bird would be an upgrade worth paying for.

"At the next roundabout, turn left - you naughty boy!" LOL

And for the benefit of the questioner who asked "why you say £27k", well if you fit the options list onto a new R32 then that's about what you've end up paying for it.

John

'95 Corrado VR6 trackday monster

No other cars (don't need one)

shoulda made em purple too :lol:

you forgot the bonnet and roof :wink:

tho why anyone would have that done to their R32 is way beyond me :? :roll: afterall its all too very similar to the matt black bonnet that was a 60/70s Vauxhall or Hillman styling cue on their performance models

I had a good nose around an R32 at my dealer and it just ooozes quality! If I had one I'd probably make it look like the pic below (Dahlback Racing's awesome monster machine!).

Kev

Is deep Blue maent to be the colour of the one i chopped at the top of the page? or is it more a navy like the name suggests? i thought the R32 was only meant to come in one colour of blue. andit was meant to be rare. I've seen a few R32's now, and nearly all of them have been blue!!! :lol:

My local VW dealer has a nice shiny black 4-door R32 sitting in his compound.£23,605 worth of brand new(and if the above qoute is anything to go by, rare) black loveliness.Not that I want one of course.MUCH!!! :p

"At the next roundabout, turn left - you naughty boy!" LOL

Genius mate :lol:

Thera