Sign in to follow this  
VRTrickster

Still Cutting Out !!

Right it seems that my running problems just don't want to be cured!

I have replaced many parts, sensors etc and still I have cutting out and lumpy idle :x

Here's a list of what has been done or replaced recently :

NEW ITEMS

IGNITION LEADS VW

ISV VW

PLUGS NGK

CAM PS AND PICK UP VW

LAMBDA GSF

FUEL PUMP RELAY

ECU RELAY

COIL PACK

TPS

TRIED NEW ING SWITCH

FPR VW

FUEL PUMP

FUEL FILTER

SECOND HAND ITEMS

MAF X2

ECU

COIL PACK

INJECTORS

WORK CARRIED OUT

FULL HEAD REBUILD

CHECKED OR VAC LEAKS ETC

REMAPED BY VINCE STEALTH

It seems to start up quite roughly and recently started hunting for idle revving up and down between 650-1000. It doesn't seem sluggish and runs fine on the motorway etc. When slowing down coming up to a junction or lights, it just dies, the revs drop fast and the red lights come on! When coasting just drop the clutch and it cuts out. It starts up straight away but I still feel as though it turns over quite a lot before sparking, which I'm not sure if that's the norm for VRs, but it can take 2-3 secs ?

It has on maybe two to three occasions cut out and the refused to spark!

But after a couple of attempts starts again :?

This made me start thinking that it could be the crank sensor playing up ?

I must say that I don't think that the second hand MAFs have been any good either so that could still be the problem. I don't suppose anyone on here, that doesn't live that far from Brighton, has got a good MAF I could try, as I cant really afford a new one if it isn't the cause of this year long annoyance !! :mad:

Ill be fitting a new crank sensor on Saturday so that will add another thing to the list. I really don't think there's much left to try ?

Any advice is greatly welcome !