Sign in to follow this  
ziderapple

Clutch pedal on the floor

I just jumped in my car to go and rescue my brother as he had broken down, and I put my foot on the clutch and it fell to the floor, I can pull it back up to its normal position and it'll stay there untill I touch it again, its like its getting pulled down. I have never worked on a hyraulic clutch before so I'm not sure on this one.

Cars is a 94 VR.

Thanks in advance.

Chris.

Will do, Thanks. Its not a total disaster as I have got next week off work to do my chains, clutch and fit my charger, in fact I picked up all my bits from the stealers today, I think my car knew... I had to laugh though!

i have had a very similar problem to you recently.

see this thread: Del's Clutch Problem Thread.

Unless you are going to do this yourself....

First thing you need to do is take it to someone that knows VW's, cos most back street garages will fob you off with a gearbox out quote.

When you find the right place, ask them to bleed your clutch for you, and look for leaks in either the slave or master cylinder.

You may need to replace one or both, and the cost should be around 200 notes for both incl labour.

Ye. Same thing happened to mine ages ago. In my case it was the slave that went, But I believe the same effect will happen if the master goes or both ;>