Sign in to follow this  
adamukcorrado

how to stop interior going mouldy whilst not being used...

My beloved corrado has been taken off the road for about 6 months due to lack of funds and not needed as every day car.

It is covered with a tyvek car cover (amazingly breatheable and water proof), the interior has no apparent leaks -all carpets are nice and dry etc, but i'm starting to get mould appearing on seats and head lining- obviously it needs airing more often but being based in rainy manchester there hasn't been many dry days over winter!!!

are there any products to stop the mould forming? and also remove when it has?

would having sunroof left tilted under the cover make any difference?

Robert Dyas stores sell something called Kilrock - it's a small plastic box that you fill with the supplied crystals & it draws all the water out of the air. Costs about a fiver & lasts for ages in a car. I use it when I store my Corrado outside under a Tyvec cover over the winter. No mould or water is ever visible in the car, even after 5 months.

If the cover is breathable then it might work - leave the windows slightly open too if you can. Might not be possible with your closure alarm.

You can get them in woolies too - never thought of that - just a dehumidifier unit with sodium hydroxide crystals. That should work a treat.

Try some silica gel crystals that you get in shoe boxes and such alike and air it whenever you can..

You can pick up the same sorts of stuff in Wilko's... big box of crystals that is a moisture trapping system. Well worth a look! My mate used a few in his bathroom and said it worked really well.