Sign in to follow this  
andrew mitton

corrado 1.8 16v

hi im new to this ive just started. i want to know why my fan is not kickin in when hot ive changed my thermo switch in thr rad and changed the temp switch in the side of the block under the dizzy could anyone help im stuck.thanks

the one under the diz only operates the guage (if it's the same as the 2l, which i think it is) there is another that does sends temp to the ECU but i dont think that that would have any affect on the fan coming on.

Just to rule it out change the switch in the rad again, if not i think you've got to start checking the wiring or the fan itself.

there's an oil sender on the left front corner of the block but i dont think that'll have any influence on the fan as that'll be controlled by the switch thats in the rad.......what temperatures it the car reading? AFAIK stage one fan will come in around 95* and then stage 2 at around 110* - 115*

i have snapped the gauge sender on the block messing around wiggling wires (v v shit) so i have to order one or do you know where i can get one? if i get tthis it would be a start! ive gone to the vw agents and they sais 10 days(not good) do you know any quicker idea?cheers