Sign in to follow this  
stormchaser

one headlight staying on

Parked the c up in garage last night switched off the engine and locked the doors and noticed the drivers side light stayed on. :o So i got back in checked i had turned the lights off properly( which i had)and noticed my indicator stalk was up. I turned it off to find this turned the light off ,i tried this a couple of times and it does it each time.Question is :roll: is this a fault, if so does anyone know how to fix it :?:

its the parking light................most german cars have had them since gawd knows when

the fix is simple.......................leave the indicator stalk in-between L or R

no it doesn't go out and its supposed o be warning (in the night i guess) to oncoming drivers that a cars parked there. dunno how youd miss a car if the oncoming car had their lights on though lol.

The idea is that if you park up at night at the left side of the road, you stick the indicator up and that leaves the RHS side-lights on, so cars passing you can see your car and it's side more clearly.

Almost all cars have the same function these days, it's pretty universal.