ziderapple

Fun on the dunes :-D

nice shiney charger there mate, rob have you phoned ya insurance up and asked how much more ya insurance is gonna be?? im guessing its gonna be a big jump!!

Gunna start getting some quotes soon Ben! I done a quote a while back with Adrian Flux and it came back the same as im paying standard with The AA so if it was correct i dont think it will be toooo bad.

I love how standard this looks...... til you open the bonnet and realise theres a small 2.9 VR6 strapped to the side of a supercharger!!

I love how standard this looks...... til you open the bonnet and realise theres a small 2.9 VR6 strapped to the side of a supercharger!!

8) Thanks.

Chris, are you coming to the Bath meet this Sunday?

Cars looking tidy by the way. Glad you got the insurance sorted out, I went with Brentacre in the end, mainly cos John was very helpfull.

I'm afraid I cant make it Dave, got to work, its not too often I have to work a weekend, so its hard to get out of it when I do, was really looking forward to seeing you 'raddo in the metal too!

If its really quiet on sunday I may be able to leave early and come down.

I have the same trouble with my job at times, fortunately mostly late in the evenings during the week and not weekends!

We'll I'll most likely be around gassing most of the afternoon, so fingers crossed you might make it.

Dave

Had a Brand spanking new set of BBS RX's delivered this morning, sporting Eagle F1's. 8)

Pic's are not great as thay were taken in the rain with my phone not long ago, took awhile to remove my locking wheel nuts with out the key... 5/8 whit and a lump hammer works a treat!

DSC00694.jpg

DSC00695.jpg

DSC00693.jpg

Really pleased think they look cool, OEM +..

RXs always look really smart, good choice! 8)

anymore piggy banks left to break open then chris?!

anymore piggy banks left to break open then chris?!

:lol: Thats it untill the end of the year I'm afriad :(

Next to do is coilovers, not decided on H&R or Koni yet, and eibach ARB's then It'll be pretty much sorted....(yeah right)

I got the BBS at a price I couldnt refuse really, cost about the same as the tires!

I am doing the head and a set of rings over the next couple of moths though. Next year its all cosmetic, a mate of a mate is a car trimmer, all ready sorted out a deal to get some alacantra trimmed in... :D

Yeah 17's, (17x7.5 runing 205 40 boots). Booked in tomorrow for tracking and camber... at last, been out since I did the chains :oops:

Thats much better now Chris! They looks spot on and some nice grippy eagle f1's to put that power down! When you get the coilovers and ARB's it will be awesome!

robbing little s**ts, but get yourself to your nearest volvo garage :oops: they stock the BBS dust caps, and the last time i got 4, they cost £3.80 for all four, when you put them on tough, use a spanner just to tighten them one turn more than you can by hand, it makes them very difficult to get off then :wink:

oh yeh, very nice corrado mate.

karl

Volvo garage eh...? £3.80 sounds god, I had a look on the bay and someone was selling pairs for £10!! Its a good job I didnt catch them getting half inched, wouldnt fancy picking up their dental bill... head would be just the right height for a good kick! I'd like to point out now I'm not a violent person. Only when it come to thieving, pikey, chav, waste of space, good for nothing gob sh*tes stealing... rant over.

Sorry to hear about this mate. Still, follow Karl's advice and you should be able to replace them pretty cheaply. Look forward to seeing the car again at the end of the month.

Well I was up early this morning, went to pick up a headgasket set, set of rings, new big ends, head bolts and 2 gallons of synta.... yup finally got round to sorting the headgasket and rings. Few pics:

P1010088.jpg

P1010089.jpg

Glazed bores anyone?? They're like mirrors!! :lol:

P1010092.jpg

P1010093.jpg

Replacement head (Thanks Karl) is nearly built back up, sumps off so in the morning its pistons out, hone the bores and all back together, should be done my monday night, no more embarrasing blue smoke!! Yay!

you dont waste anytime do ya chris :) at least i know where to come when i need my headgasket done :)

did you get any BBS dust caps?? only asking as i was cleaning out the garage and found my spare set, and i dont need them.

karl

Its needed doing for months but I've only now got the time and money to do it. I'm a bit worried the gearbox may have to come off as I'm not sure I'll be able to get the pistons out without turning the crank which means setting all the timing up.... :( Fingers crossed I wont have to.

No I didnt get any caps in the end.. so I'd gladly take them off you. :D

yeh finger crossed, are you going to the summer scorcher next saturday chris?? if not send me your address and i will post them, how many do ya want??

karl

Few pics from today, only got four of the pistons out as I need to turn the crank so I can get a socket on the remaing two but I need someone to hold the top chains to stop them jumping a tooth or two on the intermediate cog and they was no one to help me :( Still gave me a chance to give the garage a good clean out.

P1010106.jpg

P1010111.jpg

My little work station

P1010110.jpg

Nice one Chris!

You do like to get stuck in :lol:

Should be good for a bit more boost when you're back together!