ziderapple

Fun on the dunes :-D

Ive seen 2 in Amman in the last 9 months one of which had Dubai plates. Ive been chatting to a guy on here who lives is in Dubai..... maybe the guy who is selling?

So a C in Dubai is more rare than: ebay rare, Karman Interior rare, Storm rare & scene rare put together?? Price must be a cool $1M?? :lol:

Would be nice to stand out from all the Yank Tanks mate.... hope it a goodone & you get it 8)

Awesome :) Good luck and keep us posted with details of the car and, hopefully, the purchase :D

Emailed the seller twice now and not heard anything back. No phone number either. :(

I must be honest I keep changing my mind every two mins on what car I want but after some off-roading with some mates last weekend I was like this is fecking awesome!

So am look at 4.0L V6 Jeep Wrangler Sports now... :)

The new motor. Took it out for its first trip on the dunes yesterday :) Dune bashing / camping trips is the main reason I got it, that and the fact 4x4s are the norm here so you do feel a bit safer in one as the standard of driving in the UAE is abysmal.

Fortuner. 4.0l V6.

dunes.jpg

It's not broken, my mate opened the bonnet to help it cool down - don't know why, the temp gauge was fine... but I figured it couldn't hurt.

Not really expecting anyone on here to be interested in a Toyota, but I quite like updating this thread every now and then. :)

Nice one! I forget you're in sandland sometimes. Looks like good fun! I've been in the Hyundai 4x4 V6, can't remember the name, and they're actually really nice.

Few pics from the dunes at the weekend, including one of the 'tuner somewhat stuck - the result of bottling it on the crest...

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

this is what I did last time i was in dubai:afro:

STP82840.JPG

Dune bashing is also awesome!

Hi Dave, I'm well thanks. How about you? I see you have moved on to pastures new, hope it is working out for you. :-)

I'm yet to do the autodrome, keep thinking about having a go round the Yas Circuit, might have to go to the F1 this year.

Karl, life in Dubai can be pretty sweet, but my time spent sweating my nuts off working in refineries and noisy boilerhouses and staying on camps in the middle of nowhere with no mates, booze or women or often decent conversation or internet keeps me grounded!

Went to a place on the east coast of the Emirates on Friday called Snoopy island - so named because it is supposed to resemble Snoopy on his back laying on his kennel. It's a popular spot for snorkelling - I saw a couple of reef sharks which was cool but no turtles this time. Tis the Indian ocean so lots of tropical fish to be seen, it doesn't compare to scuba I've done in SE Asia but it's nice to have it a mere 2hr drive away.

IMG_0467.jpg

Off to a refinery on Wednesday near the Saudi border so that's me sleeping in a sweaty cabin for a while..