Sign in to follow this  
2_Door_fun

Girling calipers on G-Werks site

So as I went all the way to the Isle of White last Friday to pick up Yellow G60 parts for me Yellow G60 from Flusted and Co. I am hoping to be rolling the Rds again soon. I have a payout from the insurance and wish to put some cash into the car. It will be going for paint n stuff next week. All the car park dinks n stuff removed plus the said new parts brought into match the rest of the car.

So are the Girling calipers the S2's that are sometimes found on Ebay. Does anybody use these ? How is the breaking? My car goes quick enough I'd like it to stop just as quick. Do they fit standard disc size etc.

They fit 280m discs ok but you need longer hoses and ABS

Oh so they no good for my G60 as it has no ABS. So what do us owners do for a brake upgrade? Do we have to switch to 5 stud hubs and VR6 calipers?

you dont need abs... tsk tsk tsk I have them they work fine with no ABS. I have a 22mm MC that came stock. autotech sells a 22mm for mk1's to use these brakes

potatonet, I was only going what Noel Edmunds told me (not sure if you've heard of him but he is very knowledgable about Corrado's over here) and he said that twin pots on a standard MC would give too much travel, he was addement that the 23mm cyl was needed...

interesting, wonder if you can run an abs master on a corrado with no abs...

It may improve the squish value... funny thing is when you put on stainless lines you change the diameter of the line from the hard line to the caliper. this change of diameter and resistance to change in diameter from the SS line increases the pressure and amount of fluid flowed to the brakes. This would create faster response in the caliper itself and if you increased the caliper size on a stock MC it should stop at the same point as your stock brakes but provide more stopping pressure. wouldnt this be ideal in the fact that you dont have to get used to the new brakes but they apply more stopping power?

I would think that 6 SS lines would make up for 1mm of travel in the MC.

but 23mm + ss lines would definitely increase the performance and the point in which it stopped.

I would need to do some calculations on the compressibility of the fluid and the size of the plunger... but Im pretty sure it should be the same as stock position by ratios... my car stops in stock braking position with more power tho...

potatonet, i dunnomate

i got 22mm mc g60 front mk4 rears and ss hose throughout and my pedal is soft o 1.8 16v!!

am interested to find a solution too

Is it still not right Ben? when you say soft do you mean 'spongy' -if so maybe air in there... still could be bedding in too...