Sign in to follow this  
cormjah

rolled arches - ish

Hi all. I saw a thing on the forum a while back about rolling your own arches. some wanker flattened out the back half of my front passenger arch ( i wont talk about the ding in the rear - grrr). would i be able to remove the liner and roll it back out? i've tried getting hold of a 91 wing, but they all seem to be vrs or g60s. my valver is starting to look tatty, anyone know someone in the bristol area who could help a rado freak on a tiiiight budget? cheers

that's the thing stopping me from buying a new wing, not sure about the differences. anyone got a definitive answer? i've seen a few g60s about but i don't want to end up with a lopsided front end!

Well im pretty sure the valvers and g60's are the same body. The only reason the VR6 has wider arches is because they have a wider track. BUT best to find out for definate like you said you dont want a dodgy looking car :lol:

its a pre/post facelift thing, 1.8 valvers and g60's have the narrower wings and 2.0 valvers and VR's have the wider wings.

basic rule of thumb, anything with the same style bonnet as your car should have the same width wings.

It varies, 92 was the year the late spec corrados came in(VR,2.0 16v,2.0 8v) with late exterior(bonnet, wings, grill) and late interior(dash, seats etc).

But the last g60s were in 92 as well, and i have seen a few with late exterior (bonnets & front grill) but early interior. And ive also seen 91 valvers with 2.0 16 valve engines, so IMO best bet is to get an early wing from a 1.8 16v, or buy a matching pair of late wings and go for the g60 golf look.

cheers all for getting back. it apins me but i guess i'm gonna stick with your advice khurrado and hold out for a valver wing - things never happen quickly when a rado's concerned!

But the last g60s were in 92 as well, and i have seen a few with late exterior (bonnets & front grill) but early interior. And ive also seen 91 valvers with 2.0 16 valve engines, so IMO best bet is to get an early wing from a 1.8 16v, or buy a matching pair of late wings and go for the g60 golf look.

Very true, my G60 has late bumper, bonnet and wings, but obviously an early interior.