Sign in to follow this  
craziscot

TSR Performance - Bridgewater

Hi all,

I've read all the posts regarding TSR Performance's demise and fall from glory.......

The problem I've got is I spoke to a very helpful guy called Ross about two days regarding a rebuilt 2.9 VR6 Le Mans pack engine (comes ported etc etc, they claim 220BHP at the flywheel) fitted for about £3200, prior to reading all the posts about their demise.......

Does anyone know the guys running this place now? Anyone used them since re-opening? Anyone heard good or bad things?

I'ts been a looooong time since I used TSR - had a mk1 golf from them years back that they also did some work on. They were fantastic then - knowledgable, friendly, happy to give good advice for free etc, not cheap but worth it for their experience. IIRC went downhill after Tim left but rumor has it they've re-openned with a lot of the original staff, and I do recall a guy called ross was the workshop manager or something back in the good days so probably worth talking to them some more to see how the land lies. Back in my mk1 days they were the Daddies

HTH

Jof

From Club GTi forums:

We have finally just about got the workshop done now with the new rolling road being installed on the 5th of March. So we have got Saturday the 31st of March in mind for the open day. Everyone is welcome, there will be refreshments on site and power runs on the new 4WD rolling road available at £5 per car. We will be limiting the power runs to 50 cars so if you would like to have a go please can you P.M. us or e-mail directly mailto:[email protected] to book your place. We would really appreciate everybody who is coming to drop us a line even if you do not want to go on the rollers so we can get an idea of numbers.

It will be a great day as we should have some great cars coming to the day and we also have a V.W. magazine in attendance.

We hope to see you there, to help celebrate our re-opening.

Thanks Ross, Tom, Justin and Rob.

Full thread at:

CLICKY

i think all 50 spaces are now filled i was hoping for a run on the rollers to i think i,ll still pop along for the amount of nice cars that will be there