Sign in to follow this  
swfblade

hesitant VR6 issue

Just recently, my VR6 has been a little bit hesitant, as in when I'm not on 100% throttle it wants to go, then drops power, then starts to pick up again. It also feels a little bit flat sometimes, like all the powers been taken away.

Admittedly the fuel pumps a little loud, but its been like that since I brought her. Maybe worth a fuel filter change do you think?

check leads/coilpack.clean throttle out-all cost nowt.clean hall sender[also cost nowt].vag com for faults.leads to coilpack need good connection[arcing-check]. hope this helps.

forgot to say, had a service a month ago, where leads & plugs were changed for new, and vagcom only pointed out the failing ABS sensor at that time. Admitedly that was a month ago now, but still new plugs and leasds shouldnt be an issue.

Ive got a Cam position sensor, i replaced with a new one, if you want to give it a shot. Bought a new one with the adivce it'd solve a problem and didnt. So the old sensor must be working. Just pay for postage if you want it.

Gaz