Sign in to follow this  
corrado vr6

what now!!

just driven my car home from work this afternoon to which my temp gauge went sky high then smoke started comin from the exhaust i mean clouds of smoke, then water light came on this was at 5.00pm just got in now at 9.45 after waiting 2hrs for a recovery truck to find me and take me to my local garage, i lost all my coolant throgh my exhaust or that was where it looked like it was comin from between the joint of the manifold to the exhaust, any ideas what it might be? i wont find out till some when next week when he gets a chance to look at it. just as well im workin away next week and i wouldnt have been able to drive the C anyway. :( :( :roll:

i thought this also

i have been saving for new rims latley anyway, just wondering if its worth me doin any engine / head mods whilst im hear being as though the heads comin off anyway its a 1992 (K) 16V 2.0l any suggestions on gettin a couple of extra BHP

Head gasket isn't too expensive to do on a 2.0 16v is it? Just out of curiosity really?

just spoken with my mechanic and the heads off and the gasket had gone but also there was a dip between two cylinders allowing water to flow throgh, now waiting for the machinist to decide if it can be machined out or i will be looking for a new head!!

Right in need of your help

as above my head gasket went on my valver the head been off machined and put back on, new gasket, apparently it started and my mechanic drove it up the road, switched it off and now wont start again he seems to think its the lamba sensor that got drowned due to all the water coolant in the exhaust, new sensor on order, but my mechanic doesnt seem to hopeful, bit concerned!! :cry:

so just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and any suggestions as to what it might be

i hope this isnt the end of my C!!

Doubt it will be the lambda sensor stopping it starting, even if the lambda sensor wasnt fitted at all the car would start and run, the mixture would just be a little rich/weak. Maybe he is trying it on a bit !

Jimmi........................

Doubt it will be the lambda sensor stopping it starting, even if the lambda sensor wasnt fitted at all the car would start and run, the mixture would just be a little rich/weak. Maybe he is trying it on a bit !

Agree with JIMMI on that one. Must be something that either they've done/not done. Seems funny that it started and ran ok after the work was done, and now it doesnt.

Cant see it being the end of your C mate.