Sign in to follow this  
Andyrado g60

Mirror polishing my new borbet a's???

Hi everyone, i have brought a set of borbet a's off the net as iv nearly finished my g60 progect and wanted to get some nice origenal deep dished borbets on. They arnt in bad condition, they have been rubbed up against a few cerbs in their time and had about 29 coats of paint but are solid are round (not bent or buckled) so i am now in the process of stripping all the paint with thinners and cleaning them up ready for sanding and spraying with a nice smooth shiney silver. But i wouldnt mind having the dishes mirror polished and some advice on this would be great as i know nothing about it really. How much its costs to have done, how it is to maintain, ect. I called one company and they wanted £200 for the 4, is this to expensive? Would you advising it for my daily driver? Thanks very much guys

now then mate,i got my borbet A dishes polished on my red g60,they looked mint http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... &start=150 until winter happened :lol:

i would have thought 200 is about the goin rate to get them done,i paid a bit less as i had 2 sets of rims polished.as for havin them on a daily driver i reckon there alright if u got a spare set of winter rimmage

Wow, they look awsome g60greeny, bet they looked very nice with a red car, mine is also tornado red, had full hit 2 months ago. I think iv allmost decided im getting that done to them! what were they like to maintain / keep that finish, what do you have to use and how often?

a nightmare to keep clean we the sh!ty weather,@ the moment there wrecked so gonna spend the week cleanin them before the meet @chatsworth next weekend

i've got some p21s polishin soap an some belgom alu,so i'll let u know if that fetches them back to a shiney standard

Yeah cheers mate that would be good, still looking into getting them mirror polished while im stripping the 5 or so layers of paint off them, they are nearly down to the bare alloy now but need to decide about the mirror polishing and get that done before i have them sprayed obviously. Theres a meet next weekend, cool, is that the same chatsworth that im thinking of, not been the for years and years though, where abouts is this? Is it called chatsworth house or something? If its the same one as im thinking of all be going, we can have a chat about it there.

Andyrado g60, Have a look at the Purklass website, in the images section they've got a set of FULLY polished A's on a Seat Ibiza (copper one) looks the business!

He's also a forum member (Lowvento) gave me a quote of £180 to mirrior polish a set of knackered Estorils, so a set of dishes should be less...

Andyrado g60, Have a look at the Purklass website, in the images section they've got a set of FULLY polished A's on a Seat Ibiza (copper one) looks the business!

He's also a forum member (Lowvento) gave me a quote of £180 to mirrior polish a set of knackered Estorils, so a set of dishes should be less...

the very same man who did mine 8)

reason mine cost a bit more is cause i paid for them to be a picked up an dropped off

wow they do look nice! I really want mine done now (bank accounts gonna take a further bettering soon then) Oh yeah same guy, where is he based and do any of you still have his number, if he has done both of yours he can do mine. 99% going to chatsworth! Gonna be some nice photo oppertunaties there! Looking forward to it