Sign in to follow this  
Stan 24v

Veyron v's R1 - Video

Its just the in gear performance of the thing.. when the Veyron cruises along with the R1 behind, moves into the inside lane and puts his foot down its like its just been fired out of a cannon!

I mean respect to the bike which costs a mere fraction of the Veyron and does pretty well to keep up, but the Veyron is just such a beautiful machine. I'd be a very very happy man if I could ever get a passenger ride in one.

The speeds (ton +) at the beggining of the video arent the best for the bike, tbh something with 4-500hp will stick with an R1 from a ton onwards (i know from experience) but its the 20 - 120 mph range where a bike is the best. i would of like to have seen a 20 mph 2nd gear roll on race on there, still think the veyron would of had it but the difference wouldnt of been as manic !!

Back in 2001 when i was bang into my bikes a few of us chipped in to hire elvington runway in york for the day for us to ar$e about pulling wheelies and stuff on video, the dedicated camera car was a 420hp TVR Tuscan, i was riding a 01 R1 @ the time and i was surprised how quick the car was when we where alongside the car pulling wheelies normally dropping the front wheel at about 120-130mph then nailing it the TVR would happily sit alongside upto about 180ish where they both ran out of speed! In a standing start a 1000cc bike (R1 GSXR etc) would easily pull 10 car lengths on the car up to a ton then the gap wouldnt change.

It was great bein stupid !!!

Jimmi..................