Sign in to follow this  
A1 VR6

Mk5 Golf RSi

VW are launching a Mk5 Golf RSi later this year with 4wd and 3.6 V6 limited to 500 in the UK. Could be interesting as long as it doesn't have a £50k price tag like the Beetle RSi.

Well they certainly can't sell R32's at the moment - was at a site today where they bid 19.5k for a 2,500 mile metallic blue 3 door on a 56 plate - thats 3.5k behind book.

If you know where to look you can get them at cost price, even a 3 door manual with leather and DSG - surely the most desirable variant

The car I was offered was a 3 door, DSG, metallic, Recaro leather, winter pack, upgraded stereo, OTR £29,180, price to me £25,678, 12% discount

That wasn't a special deal for me either, generally available, discounts are starting to beome more common on the GTi now as well.

RSi will run the 3.6 engine, all I've managed to find out is that the price will be below 30k

Bloody hell thats Cheap! Looks like a Pissrat though from the front! IMO the MK4 R32 is the best looking Factory Modded Golf VW have made!

I think they had alot longer to look at the mk5 R32, i remember reading something about it, saying the mk4 was rushed and too much was sourced outside the company, whereas the mk5 was done in house. It shows though, didnt it kick the mk4's ass around the top gear track?

VW have made dealers stock the R32, So you can get some hefty discounts now!

wonder if theyd swap a 320 bhp charged mk3 for an r32 lol

The MkV R32 looks like a bread van, and I suspect the RSi will... look just as bad! Give me a MkIV R32 anytime.

Also - the MkV RSi (and R32) will be subject to £400 road tax next year. I think that alone will kill the sales stone dead.

R.I.P.

Could be interesting as long as it doesn't have a £50k price tag like the Beetle RSi.

Yeah but who wants a new Beetle anyway :p

You ain't joking... good quality aircooled Beetles are worth more than average standard Corrados these days :(