Sign in to follow this  
Jon_R

My bonnet is stuck

After buying a lovely shiney new badge for my front grill from _leon_ on here (cheers mate!) I decided to fit it last night. I pulled my bonnet release lever and well nothing happened.

On closer inspection it seems that the bonnet released on my drivers side but not on my passenger side, has anyone ever ad this happen to them before? I doubt it will be too expensive to fix but I would rather I could do it myself rather than let the cannibals at my local garage unleash their crowbars on to it.

Try getting someone to push down on the side that is stuck while you pull the bonnet release, that will usually free it in that situation!

Yep it does happen.

Click here

Your besy bet is to have a small torch in ya mouth and slide under the fron t of the car. Look up and find the bonett pin springs.. 'See the link' once found long screw driver pop em and bonett will open. Or get a mate to pull and press on the stuck side as you pull the leaver sometimes it works.

Hook the drivers seat belt round the bonnet release pull handle then go to the bonnet and lift it up. Push the catch in and open the bonnet.

(You can tell this is how I open mine everytime )

Hook the drivers seat belt round the bonnet release pull handle then go to the bonnet and lift it up. Push the catch in and open the bonnet.

(You can tell this is how I open mine everytime )

Absolute genius, that will be my first attempt when I get home. Has yours always been like this cos last week mine popped up with all of the zeal of an inquisitive mere cat where as last night it just didn't.

yeh it has always been like this. ive basically rebuilt my corrado and ive never got round to sorting this problem. just remember to take the seatbelt off the handle before you close the bonnet otherwise it wont lock