Sign in to follow this  
first g60

IM NEW TO THE VW G60

:roll: HI ALL IVE JUST PURCHASED MY FIRST G60 ON A 91 J PLATE WITH 99K MILES STAGE 4 JABBA SPORT CHARGER STAGE 5 CHIP SMALLER PULLEY ETC ETC.. IS THERE ANYTHING BASIC I NEED TO KNOW????????? :D :D :D ITS MY FIRST SUPERCHARGED CAR ALSO SO ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Step 1 - turn off the caps lock :D

Step 2 - get us some nice pictures to look at :)

Firstly welcome, secondly when was the charger serviced?? They can be the week point of the system if not looked after. I can strongly recommend G-Werks if you're thinking of having you charger serviced again.

Thirdly are you leaking any boost?? Click here Clicky for boost check with MFA to see what readings you should be aiming for. As it mentions in the thread the MFA is not really accurate - ideally you'd use a boost gauge, but it'll give you an idea.

Other than that, sit back and enjoy it....

....Wallet on standby!

Very well put Dan, one of the side effects of Corrado ownership is there tendancy to consume wallets....

Enjoy your new car, plenty of G60 bods on here whos brains you can pick....

:shock:

WELL FIRST I WILL TURN THE CAPS LOCK off.. the car seems quite genuine with plenty of abusing owners however there are a few reciepts for work caried out like rebuilt charger by jabba 2 years ago and hasnt done many miles since :roll: also 68mm pulley, stage 5 chip whatever that is, full coni ajustable suspention which i will add i am taking off as i want to make it back to standard. pretty grubby inside etc etc.

the last owner has had a blanking plate put on the end of the charger and it makes a wooooshing noise :lol: is this safe????????

No worries, if your taking off the Koni coilovers give em a clean and flog then on as they are very expensive! And it would appear highly sought after

Personaly I love mine! But am sure there are a few people on here who will take em off your hands :-)

Anyway regarding the blanking plate on your charger, it sounds like the car has had the boost return mod done, quite safe (do a search if you want more info on it)

I would highly recommend treating the car to a full service, oil + filter, break fluid, plugs + leads, dizzy cap + arm ect...

most important would be the oil and filter!! Unless you know it was done recently and with a good oil (VW Synta Silver) as the charger uses the engine oil to lube its internals!

Anyway enjoy it and get some pics up :-)

Cheers

Dan

....however there are a few reciepts for work caried out like rebuilt charger by jabba 2 years ago and hasnt done many miles since :roll: also 68mm pulley, stage 5 chip whatever that is

the last owner has had a blanking plate put on the end of the charger and it makes a wooooshing noise :lol: is this safe????????

Stage 5 chip sounds like it's one of the SNS ones - a good one to have, as the Jabba chips tend to overfuel massively. Also it will have 'anti-lag' on it, which will make the car feel and behave a lot better over the original chip.

As for the blanking plate, on the original system there is a pipe which goes from underneath the throttle body, taking in a feed from the oil breather and then back to the superchager. People remove these to prevent hot air from going back through the charger. If you haven't got an oil catch tank fitted you may want to get one otherwise your bay will be covered in oil before too long. Also the charger may need a spray of PTFE lube every now and then, especially if it hasn't been done for 2 years. Talk to g-man on here (Darren at G-Werks) as he can supply it if necessary.

And as everyone has said, get some pictures up.

just looking at the reciepts i have for the work and upgrades... the chip was purchased from pitstop developments whoever they are? :? and is a psd stage 5 chip it has a full scorpion exhaust

just done oil and filter plugs dizzy and arm.. runs a lot better now

but ive noticed it runs like a bag of crap from stone cold and slight misfire for first couple of mins :mad: and then runs sweet whats that all about???? :( no engine issues at all

calm down everybody pics will be added as soon as i figure how to do it.

thanks everybody for the info so far

but ive noticed it runs like a bag of crap from stone cold and slight misfire for first couple of mins #Mad and then runs sweet whats that all about????

Had this recently with my G, turned out to be the blue temp sensor on the front of head, swap the blue and black plugs over and see if it runs any better

mine ran like poop from cold..it was the sns chip, i had to go back and get psd to remove some fueling from low down

just looking at the reciepts i have for the work and upgrades... the chip was purchased from pitstop developments whoever they are? :? and is a psd stage 5 chip

PSD are next door to G-Werks, and they work with the SNS chips so no worries there. If you are having probs give them a bell (details on their website http://www.pitstopdevelopments.com/).