Sign in to follow this  
bradvr6

9X16's ET15 on a VR?

Hi bradvr6!

Nice choice of rims there! IMNSHO and with bucketfulls of bias, the Carmonas are the perfect rim for the Corrado - just listen to the two words spoken together :lol:

Well, to the point. This is my experience with Carmona:

I got my G60 with the 9" on the rear. The car was lowered no more than 50mm. The rear wheels was just too big, even with undersized tire width (stretched, is that what you call it?), and they would rub the raches on even small bumps. I quickly ordered a pair of 7.5" for the rear. With a fresh set of dampers and springs, still dropped ca. 40-50mm, I have seen no more rubbing (the front was always fine).

BTW, they're shod with 205/45.

DJ

--

Hi bradvr6!

Nice choice of rims there! IMNSHO and with bucketfulls of bias, the Carmonas are the perfect rim for the Corrado - just listen to the two words spoken together :lol:

Well, to the point. This is my experience with Carmona:

I got my G60 with the 9" on the rear. The car was lowered no more than 50mm. The rear wheels was just too big, even with undersized tire width (stretched, is that what you call it?), and they would rub the raches on even small bumps. I quickly ordered a pair of 7.5" for the rear. With a fresh set of dampers and springs, still dropped ca. 40-50mm, I have seen no more rubbing (the front was always fine).

BTW, they're shod with 205/45.

DJ

--

You got any photo's of the car with those 7.5 rears? Would be interesting to see how it looks.

I'm not into the stretched look.

I live in Norway, so I'm still on winter wheels. The Carmonas are for the summer. I'll try and remember to put up a picture when i change in a month or so.

With 205/45 on the 7.5" there is no stretching. Looks like a perfect fit to me.

DJ

--

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd share some pics with you as I've finally bitten the bullet!

FK Konigsport suspension

Kerscher Carmonas: Front 7.5 x 16 with 195 Toyos - Rear 9 x 16 with 215 Toyos

Rear arched flared and smoothed inside.