Sign in to follow this  
dog fart

Maybe time for the VR6 to go.....

Well ive semi decided to offload the Corrado VR6 and get something more modern and with less miles on it.

Using the car all day for driving to properties to conduct viewings and do valuations involves lots of short journeys and i feel perhaps the corrado is no longer the right car for the job (Despite how much i fucking love the bloody thing!)

I have narrowed down the choices as im well fussy with cars.

Dont want to ditch the leathers as i would see that as downgrading and i like them too.

Performance is another key issue as the VR doesnt struggle in that department.

Not fussed about sat nav cos i can read a map thank you very much, and who needs aircon when you have leccy windows ?!

Other key factors are looks and low depreciation.

Audi S3 - Really understated but go like the clappers - easily modded to up performance.

Audi TT - A bit clit. So many around and look a bit dated now - theres just something about them.

Mini Cooper S - A bit of a weird one for me as i never really liked the older minis. My best mate has a Mini Cooper S Works Alpina (ex-press car) which ive driven and fucking love it. Interior is sweet and they hold their value well (kinda) Also like the Scene i can imagine they have similar to dubbers.

Lotus Elise - Awesome car and id imagine probably the best drivers car on my list. Not very practical though as you cant fit much in them and im not using the MK1 Polo to carry shit around!

Seat Leon Cupra R - I like these, look good and sleek, not sure abput 5 doors though!

VW MK4 GTI Anniversary - My instinct says go for this being a veedub, but with so many 1.4s about with big rims they all look the same, and perhaps a tad boring.

Budget will be around 10k.

If anyone has any good bad experiences with the above id love you to share them.

Cheers

Mazda RX8.

Alfa Romeo? V6 pocket rocket .. ?

That's about it, in the realms of "interesting modern cars".

Thanks for your input guys.

Bmw - Beemers dont do it for me at all, apart from E30 M3 and that aint gonna be suitable!

Mazda rx8 - again holds no appeal to me whatsoever (apart from the engine)

Alfa - I have thought about these in the past, but i wouldnt own one.

Integra Type R - Very nice but again i wouldnt own one.

Which leaves ... VAG group cars. Boring to a bolt/nut. Keep the Corrado.

A mate of mine told me the other week he was considering getting a mk5 Golf GTi, it being the homogenised "fast car that ticks all the boxes" of the week. I told him he was selling out and perhaps he should sell his SLR and his nice Cyrus Hifi and buy a Sony Cybershot and a Sony Mini System. Oh and start reading the Daily Mail and being horrified by "the youth of today".. ;)

Like i said the corrado is getting a bit long in the tooth for my needs, i would love to keep as well as a new car but that i cannot afford to do. The MK1 polo is staying as thats my new weekend toy. I would deffo have another C in the future but not until i have more parking and can afford to buy a mint low mileage VR.

I need something more modern for the now.