Sign in to follow this  
yellowdfp

Corrado in Scottish scrapyard

Hello. This is my first Corrado Forum post so hope I'm doing this in the right place (I was unable to post in the 'parts for sale' one)?

In the spirt of Corrado ownership I would like to share the fact that I found a Corrado for spares last weekend in a Scottish scrapyard (this is a very rare occurance in my experience).

It's a Torrnado Red, K reg, 2.0l 16v with mark 1 interior. It has had passenger side, front corner damage, including wing, headlight, grill and bumper. I did not see the bonnet. Dash dials are away and I took the rear lights.

Apart form that. most else seems to still be there including alloy wheels (all 4 I think? standard flat faced 2.0l 16v type), a good looking drivers door handle (late replacement type - but screw rusted up so I could not take even after scooshing with WD40 - someone else may now have more luck!), good interior including cloth seats, center console, under dash trays, rear parcel shelf, etc, sunroof, tailgate and engine (engine looks complete but is under a load of other crap so hard to tell), front drivers wing and headlight.

The yard is at the back of Kircaldy east in Fife, off the A915 near Boreland, in the Randolph Industrial Estate in Randolph Place and the car is near the main entrance, on the left as you go in. I hope this is of help to you guys ....

David Pentland,

(btw, can anyone help me find a compatible Auto gear knob with chrome button - I believe they came on some late '90's Golfs?)

a good looking drivers door handle (late replacement type - but screw rusted up so I could not take even after scooshing with WD40 - someone else may now have more luck!),

Screw is reverse thread!

Hi Yellowdfp - good to se another edinburger. Good call with the scrappy info. Always usefull !

Welcome to the forum.

The car is in Randolph Autosalvage Kirkcaldy- been there for a couple of months.

They did want £30 for a 14 year old heater motor - when you can get a new one for £45 or so!

Yes trying to find a Corrado in a Scottish scrappy - hens teeth!!