Sign in to follow this  
Andyrado g60

My new borbet a's, what shall i do with them?

Hi everyone, bit of advice please. Iv brought some borbet a's 16" 7.5 j all round. They were sprayed silver and needed a good re-furb but got them at the right price so handed them over to my body shop to sort out for me.

I was going to have the dishes mirror polished and then have the rest sprayed a really smooth, shiney silver but decided i cant really afford to have them mirror polished at the moment so i told them to take all the paint off and a straight re-furb and re-spray, but guess what! They rang me this morning, they have been mirror polished allready! someone has sprayed over them in the past and when my mate was taking the paint off the dishes to re-furb them they just shon through! Couldnt believe it. Gave them a clean and they look really good!

So then a few of the guys at the body shop said why dont you have the centers black and leave the dishes polished, some are saying silver and i really cant decide. If anyone has any pictures i would be very graitfull or if you have had them done a certain colour in the past that looked good and advice would be great because i really cant make my mind up!

The car is tornado red and i also wanted to get a set of the flat centers two, so what do you think???

Thanks Guys! Yeah deffinatley getting the flat centers for them!

Found a pic of some done in the anthracite - very nice! just trying to decide if they will look right on a red car, oppinions please??

Yeah its coming on well thanks g60greeny, not sure if you've seen my thread about the van window breaking infront of me on the a38 and putting about 50 stone chips in the front of my freshly re-sprayed car? Well their insurance first said they werent liable as it wasnt the van drivers fault, he said there was a stone that hit the window! On a duel carige way, no other cars arround appart from me and him, miles from no where! When we both stopped i instantly looked in the van, there was no glass or stones anywhere and his hand was cut exactly where it would be if you hit it with your hand from inside the car. So i'v kicked off big time at the ins company, threatend them with the ins ombudsman, the fsa, ins watch dog, iv wrote them a very "to the point" letter and my solicitor (who fortunatly is a life long friend of my mums) has also wrote them a letter so just waiting for them to get in touch and tell me whet there going to do about it. But other than that its comeing on well, went to g works last thursday, one a their sns 5.5 chips, charger outlet, 68mm pully, and they checked the charger for me, was very impressed, they know their stuff and are very good at it, well worth a 4am get up for. Going to get some samco hoses for it tomorrow. It pulls really strong now but manifold has started to blow and getting worse, argh, what next! lol. So thats being done soon, wheels on nxt weekend, some aero wipers and the red tinted back lights on that are sat in my garage and it should be about done, cant wait to get it out in the sun at some shows now its show worthy (i think any way) Pics will be going up when the wheels are on.

Cheers guys!

thats sh!t about the paintwork mate! i need to get me down to gwerks,how long it take u to get there?any news on the flat centers yet?

yeah about time we saw some pics!!!!!

Here she is....

So come on then, my borbet a's silver in the middle with the polished dishes or that antherite colour in the middle with polished dishes? Ill be having flush centers sprayed in what ever i decide - I cant decide!

It took me best part of 4 hours (with 30 mins of 40 mph on the m25) very easy drive, only use about 6 roads from the m1, last 20 miles is down country lanes and thru little villages so dont get caught behind a massive arctic lorry like me!

Unfortunatley the flush centers are not going to happen, they will take my dad ages to mill them by hand as that recess has to be all milled out of one big piece of 10mm thick alloy to make them exact coppies and he wouldnt be able to use the machines at work for that long (im talking 3 hours a set! (this is why the origenals are cast (moulded) and unfortunatley i cant cast any! so it looks like we are going to have to pay the £70 off ebay, or...im going to ring all the borbet suppliers in the country (theres about 24) and see what deals i can strike / information i can find. Ill ask about group buys, ect ect and report all my information back here!